Abyss/Hogan vs. Styles/Flair - Your verdict

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, March 02, 2010, 03:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash Bombay

Maybe someone with creativity will be signed in time for the TNA Live show and help them out. Have the Motor City Machine Gunns go at it in a best of 7 for a new TV title. *Cuz who needs a Legends belt?*

Alex Smiley

Quote from: Cory on March 05, 2010, 01:25:31 PM
Anyone hypothetically can do a FU (Cena) or a Chokeslam, but no one would do the crazy flips and shit that the x-division does, or Samoa Joe/Nigels moveset.

Reminds me of the time Billy Kidman said "Anyone can go out there and do an F5" after Brock attempted that Shooting Star Press at WM19, lol

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Black Death

it  a stunt , for theshow , one do people really want to  aarp memebers going at it .   like I stated before , you could have the main event  Styles , Wolfe with flair in there corner vs Abyss and the Pope with Hulk in there corner  still get the same buzz you are getting now ,  Hulk vs Flair has been done  before , it nothing special .  but you think you can actually build up say pope be the number one contender for the following ppv ,  hell build for the the next coming ppv , wait going to that on the live show , I see.  the ppv is what two weeks away ... with only one show a week.   it just spotlight grabing ,  hell were are th chris daniels , rhino , plenty of our wrestlers who could be in the spot that flair ang hogan are using  right now ... but hogan/ bischoff got to the center of attention  ....  live show forget it , tna has broken me it does not exist anymore in my eyes .  i try to like them i actually did but to put the garbage that they past off as tv is unbelieveable , if they were sitcom they be cancel by now
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Kise

WGWFWrestling

I've got no problem with Hogan and Flair being in a tag match. Yes Hogan is 56 and Flair is 61, but they are probably the two biggest names in the industry and are simply trying to attract attention to the new Monday night show. Their obvious limitations will be covered for by Styles and Abyss and the match will probably be short anyway. If it was a 20 minute Hogan/Flair singles bout, then that would be poor for business.

Conor

This whole angle is stupid.

There's no other way to describe it. I've been a wrestling fan for most of my life. I remember when Cactus Jack got amnesia. I remember when Mae Young gave birth to a hand. I remember when Chyna was considered a big star. But Abyss in the Hulkamania Corps? That is stupid.

Hogan and Flair? Hell, they're two of the biggest names in wrestling. And if they have two younger guys to cover the many limitations they now have, they could work a decent tag match. But you know what the really stupid thing is? They're not putting the match on Pay-Per-View.

Do I believe Hogan and Flair in a PPV match would draw a monster buy rate? Hell no. Do I believe it would draw slightly more than the 20,000 - 30,000 buys TNA currently gets? Yes. Because if you book it properly, Ric Flair's return to the ring on American soil for the first time in two years can be a big deal. Hulk Hogan, the biggest star in wrestling history, stepping into a TNA ring for the very first time can be a big deal. And if you actually gave a damn and booked a serious angle around it, you could make money.

But this? Throwing them into the ring to pop a TV rating, surrounded by bullshit? That's not going to win you any long-term fans. The hardcore fans, they'll still watch. But hardcore fans don't fill out 20,000 seat arenas. To do that, you have to hook in casual fans. TNA isn't doing that - at least, not well enough to make those casual fans give a damn about their PPVs.

In summation - Styles will work his ass off, Abyss will bleed, Flair will also bleed and Hogan won't hit the legdrop because his hips are shot. The effect to the Nielsen rating will probably be pretty negligible and no one will buy Destination X (which, by the way, is in two weeks.)