News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Monday Night Ratings

Started by Triple B, March 09, 2010, 06:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple B

Dont you love it when I'm right?

I said they pulled out all the stops for their last show... and got a 1.7.

Now...

The in-ring return of Hogan AND Flair.... and Sting and RVD re-debut and debut.... and we get this:

- Last night's edition of WWE Monday Night Raw scored a 3.4 cable rating.

- Last night's edition of TNA Impact scored a 1.0 cable rating.

We will update with more details as they come in, but the TNA Impact rating has to be considered a major disappointment considering that the show featured the in-ring returns of Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair.

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

Same

Rating

They always get.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Conor

Just heard this; PW Insider has the same numbers posted.

Lower numbers for both companies, but this is definitely not a good sign for TNA.

Black Death

lol... let the take over begin

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Conor

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on March 09, 2010, 07:05:21 PM
or it's a good sign...they will realize that promoting a show around Hogan and Flair is a bad thing. Keep positive!  ;)

Hey, yeah! Every cloud, right?

Perhaps this will convince Spike TV to move Impact forward an hour. With one uncontested hour they have a far better chance of holding their viewers and keeping the rating up.

Hondo

It's worse news than you think.

Now, they're stuck in bed with Hogan with no way of getting out. They're stuck.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

brad9993

Its not really a bad thing, WWE is i its peak at the moment with Mania hype so more people are going to tune in. Also TNA kept there audience threw the whole show, something they havent been doing lately. Sure ts not a great rating but i read that there male viewership was up like 11 % or something.

Black Death

here the problem ,  it did not jump for what is supposed to be the big jump off point ,  raw was not great , but  they still pulled in double the people on what is suppose to be tna big night . 

I see disappointment , it the war long from over yes ,  but it not a good start , truth , i have a feeling it going to be the same shit over and over again , i do not see them taking over , really i do not see it even with the great stars

best move would have been to stay on thurday night and maybe add another show  on say saturday  or another  day you could pull a better number and forget about the other side ,   pretend they do not exist , trust me the other does not give a shit about you

brad9993

I think instead of moving to mondays they should of stared travelling outside the impact zone first. It dosent really bother me which night its ok because im from aussie land and we get it saturdays and raw wednesdays.

Black Death

Quote from: brad9993 on March 10, 2010, 12:45:23 AM
I think instead of moving to mondays they should of stared travelling outside the impact zone first. It dosent really bother me which night its ok because im from aussie land and we get it saturdays and raw wednesdays.

brad your right , they jump the gun on the monday night , travel spread the word of mouth and rebuild the show , it becaome the hogan / bishoff two hour  love show , with wrestling mix in .   it not how they should build the show and do you see  it going to be bischoff guys vs hogans guys coming up real soon   that why i was not to hot about hogan coming in ,  because you knew he was going to make themselves the center of the show .  if he had stay behind the scenes  and try to build the company i would have been more exicted

Level-One

I disagree with you guys. I AGREE with TNA's move to Monday Night.

Are they going to beat, RAW? No. They might not do so five years from now if they're still around and it SURE as hell won't happen anytime--but how exactly is this considered a failure? I'm sure it's a dissapointment considering they average about 1.2 (last time I checked) but NOT in such in a way, where TNA needs to head back to Thursday and pack their bags.  They WILL however need to improve their product.

The point is, TNA didn't pull a horrible number. They kept their veiwership. Last time they went head to head WWE pulled 3.7 and TNA a 1.5 which also means WWE was on the ratings decline, which tells me there was something else keeping viewers away from BOTH shows this head to head night.  TNA can pull 1.2's for the next two months and it'd be a success... why? Because they're MAINTAINING their fan base against the power house, something they'd otherwise be doing on Thursday's. With a loyal fan base they can then begin to make the move to STEAL viewers from the competition.

Black Death

that a good view L1 , but would they have been better off fixing the kinks and getting the word spread by touring , by featuring the talent they got , my god  deepest roster in north america and best to start like that ,  half the show was with guys that you saw and made stars on the WWF. 

if they keep it up i a telling you put will stop tuning in    truth i stop , i can not take it anymore and i was legit fan for while , hell i long for the shit they did back couple years ago before the big name talents were signed  ,    i catch the highlights for now on but i will not watch a full show anymore

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Level-One on March 10, 2010, 01:02:54 AM

Are they going to beat, RAW? No. They might not do so five years from now if they're still around and it SURE as hell won't happen anytime--but how exactly is this considered a failure? I'm sure it's a dissapointment considering they average about 1.2 (last time I checked) but NOT in such in a way, where TNA needs to head back to Thursday and pack their bags.  They WILL however need to improve their product.

The point is, TNA didn't pull a horrible number. They kept their veiwership. Last time they went head to head WWE pulled 3.7 and TNA a 1.5 which also means WWE was on the ratings decline, which tells me there was something else keeping viewers away from BOTH shows this head to head night.  TNA can pull 1.2's for the next two months and it'd be a success... why? Because they're MAINTAINING their fan base against the power house, something they'd otherwise be doing on Thursday's. With a loyal fan base they can then begin to make the move to STEAL viewers from the competition.

Thank Christ for a man with sense that understands Ratings!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Level-One on March 10, 2010, 01:02:54 AM

I second Ians comment! Level 1, very true words mate.

TNA's product is going to improve over the coming months I can near guarantee it.

.The X division is getting pushed again

.Upcoming TNA talent like the Pope and Wolfe (to name two) that will be the future champions of TNA

. Moves to Monday nights shows that Spike TV and TNA both feel their product is on the rise, otherwise they obviously wouldn't of done the move

My two cents

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Hondo

I don't think anyone here is saying that they're gonna beat RAW right off the bat.

But we at LEAST expect the number to be a little better, since supposedly Hogan, Flair, Bischoff, Hall, the Nastys and X-Pac are money draws. The lack of an at least slightly improved number shows their business model isn't working out the way they had hoped.

In my opinion, to truly be succeeding at THIS point in time is to draw around a 2. Getting a two would make Vince worry, but a 1 doesn't even register on his radar. He gets more ratings challenges from reruns of The Golden Girls on Lifetime.

And besides, they don't want to just maintain their fanbase. They want it to grow. Otherwise, what's the point of moving to Mondays?

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

One show isnt a quick fix, we need to remember that. The use of the other stars is done when folks change channels they recognize someone. TNA is not an overnight fix. I still think their promos are getting WWE scared because RAW had two awesome promo segments last week. I will do a compare once I get a chance to watch TNA this afternoon.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'