News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Monday Night Ratings

Started by Triple B, March 09, 2010, 06:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Chisel

Now what remains to be seen is if they lose ratings going up against live RAW plus Stone Cold with a taped Impact.

Quote@IAmJerichoThe beat down of RVD 20 seconds into his debut in TNA was mind boggling. I dont understand how so many talented people can be so clueless

<3 Jericho.

Triple B

Quote from: 'The Lame' Ian Est Credible on March 10, 2010, 08:33:07 AM
One show isnt a quick fix, we need to remember that. The use of the other stars is done when folks change channels they recognize someone. TNA is not an overnight fix. I still think their promos are getting WWE scared because RAW had two awesome promo segments last week. I will do a compare once I get a chance to watch TNA this afternoon.

Oh?

Further proof I'm always right!

* Q1 â€" 0.99: Hogan and Abyss vs. AJ and Flair/Sting Returns
* Q2 â€" 0.98: AJ and Flair Interview/Kazarian, Daniels, Williams, Bischoff Promo
* Q3 â€" 1.0: Kazarian, Daniels, Williams X-Title Match/Shannon Moore Returns/Knockouts Tag Title Match
* Q4 â€" 1.07: D'Angelo Dinero Interview/Beautiful People Interview/Sting vs. RVD

* Q5 - 1.07: Sting Beats Down RVD, Hogan Appearance/Nash and Young Promo With The Band
* Q6 â€" 1.03: Nash and Young Promo With The Band Cont./Eric Young vs. Sean Waltman/Angle Interview With Soldiers, Anderson Beatdown
* Q7 â€" 0.95: Bubba Talks To Hogan/JJ and Foley Talk/Beer Money vs. JJ
* Q8 â€" 0.76: Abyss and Hogan Promo/Hogan and Abyss vs. AJ and Flair
* Overrun was a 1.01: Hogan and Abyss vs. AJ and Flair/Jeff Hardy Returns

Ratings peak when RVD shows up.  People stick around until NWO starts to stink up the place, and then start leaving in droves.  They get a small bump for people looking for the NORMAL Spike TV programing of Manswers that was in that time slot for the overrun.  Because they sure didn't steal any RAW viewers....

* Q1 - 3.45: Undertaker/HBK Promo
* Q2 - 3.15: Divas Tag/Criss Angel and Hornswoggle Backstage/Show and Miz talk
* Q3 - 3.27: Show and Miz vs. Truth and Morrison Altercation/Cena Interview/Criss Angel, Evan Bourne, William Regal Segment
* Q4 - 3.15: Orton vs. Legacy

* Q5 - 3.39: Orton vs. Legacy/Batista Interview/HHH and Sheamus Interview
* Q6 - 3.56: HHH and Sheamus Interview
* Q7 - 3.27: Bourne vs. Regal/Various Video Recaps
* Q8 - 3.60: WrestleMania Plug/Criss Angel in the Ring/Cena Starts the Gauntlet
* Overrun was a 3.98: Cena Runs The Gauntlet

Ratings take a dip while Orton/Legacy fight because RVD is over on TNA.  Once NWO shows up.... the ratings just go up pretty steady for the rest of the night for WWE.

I don't know what more proof we need here that my stand that having Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair "wrestle" in the main event of a TV show in 2010 is about 20 years after it would draw.

The problem is, is that "REAL" wrestling is like e-fedding.  There's a MUCH smaller pool of viewers (RPers) and as a fed-head (Vince/Hogan) you have to focus on putting on the best product you can, and stop trying to bash the competition.  Otherwise, the viewers (RPers) will go find a different fed to watch (be in).

We'll see how much this affects future ratings.  It's obvious that TNA basically had their own "normal" watches and not many new ones tuned in, but even those guys seem to have left the show as it progressed.  TNA can't continue to alienate it's existing fan base like it has, because it isn't capable of bringing in enough NEW viewers to replace them.

Don't tell me Dixie Carter isn't sitting at home wondering if she made the right decision to bring in Hogan right now....

Time will tell.  Who knows, maybe they get their act together and realize that nobody wants to see Hogan blading.  Where was Samoa Joe?  Christopher Daniels?  I think it's obvious they lost Awesome Kong and whatshername.  I don't even remember seeing Kurt Angle on the show.  Or Matt Morgan or Hernandez.  But I DO remember a whole shitload of Hulk Hogan looking like an elderly man.

Not the image of TNA that I think is going to put asses every 12"

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Gary

Daniels was in the X-Division Segment.. Angle had a segment with Anderson. I am not a TNA fan but they where on the show. As for Joe...I dont fucking get why he is on the back burner. 2 years ago TNA fans would go.. "WE HAVE SAMOA JOE", and Kurt Angle headbutt to Joe when Angle showed up was awesome and the feud they had as well..now he isnt even on the show.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Triple B

My point was....  I don't remember ANY of that.  I just remember Hogan, The Band, Flair.  They aren't creating anything memorable or impactful with the GREAT talent they have, but instead we're watching an opening match and closing match involving Hulk Hogan... who said he wasn't going to wrestle.

Hogan's a liar.  The only thing I'm interested in seeing is how he'll spin this somehow into his idea that he should hold the World Belt.

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Gary

What I didnt like was RVD used as a plot device in the Sting/Hogan feud, instead of having his own thing. Sure TNA die hards will say "but he beat Sting in 20 seconds"...but wrestling logic will say "Sting's back was turned". Then you have Sting beating the shit out of RVD with the bat, Hogan comes out..giving the message "RVD needs Hogan to fight back" and then RVD is discarded. RVD was a prop on impact the only ones who treated him like a big deal were the fans. Compare it to RVD's WWE debut..and I think WWE wins on that one.

[/center]

Triple B

The way his debut went down, makes me think it was a one shot deal.  For a man who was the longest running champion in the galaxy, I don't see him getting punked out like that so quickly and losing all the heat he got by getting the pinfall over Sting.  RVD isn't going to feud with Sting, unless TNA is up to it's old shitty booking ideas, and are going to completely forget about Sting turning on Hogan.  Which... is possible.

WWE screws up booking too, but TNA books like they're a retarded Paris Hilton trying to pick out the best gun to kill a zombie based on color.

Gary

The only reason I dont think its a one shot deal..its because it is RVD, and RVD is very protective of his character. I doubt Rob would say yes to getting his ass kicked and then not coming back.

[/center]

Gary

[/center]

Triple B

Quote from: Gary on March 10, 2010, 01:33:07 PM
The only reason I dont think its a one shot deal..its because it is RVD, and RVD is very protective of his character. I doubt Rob would say yes to getting his ass kicked and then not coming back.

Yeah. but didn't RVD to a couple one shot deals for WWE over the years since he left?

I love Storm's takes on stuff, I'll give it a look.  Even when I don't agree with him, he still makes good points.

Gary

He did do the one shots..but look how he came off..beat Santino in 5 seconds...was in the rumble and eliminated a couple guys.

[/center]

Drama Queen

I kind of agree with Triple B... I know Daniels was on the show but I only remember the Hogan, Angle (which is a horrible angle) and Nash stuff. It just didn't leave a great taste for me. I know one show is not a quick fix, but I don't know if I'm gonna bother watching next week now. Only show I can safely say I'll make an effort to watch is NXT... and even though it's on a different night, I don't particularly want to stay up til 11pm watching wrestling two consecutive nights.

And yeah, what has happened to Kong and Hamada? As soon as I noticed they were not tag champs I went to TNA website but they are still both on the roster.

jagilki

if you read the spoilers for next week, RVD wasn't a one time deal.

Hondo

Well thanks for spoiling that for us.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I watched the two shows and RAW was horrible. Impact was by far the better show. B, you have cited one show as the proof TNA is going nowhere. Come back to me in 6 months, if your right, then I will tip my cap.

In other words give it some drawn out Sybill exposure my friend before you finally hit the 'Yes I am right' button.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Conor

TNA has been going nowhere for a very long time. This isn't about one sub-par rating; this is about a rut that this company has been in for years.

Here are the ratings for Impact through 2008. Here they are for the first half of 2009. From what I've read, the ratings are still at this level. But we all know that's not the problem. A 1.2 rating still means you've got a million people watching your show every week. And, from looking at the breakdowns, TNA got the numbers they were probably expecting for the more important segments.

The problem is that, of the million people who still tune in every week, TNA struggle to get 35,000 of those people to buy their Pay-Per-Views. This is because 1) Impact is often Crash TV, a jumbled mess that's fun to watch but never something you'd pay for; and 2) TNA regularly give away PPV-calibre matches for free anyway, so why bother?

That's happening again next week; AJ Styles will face Jeff Hardy in a non-title match. I've read the spoilers and it seems like next week's show will be a lot like this week's: some really good wrestling, a large amount of silliness and way too much Bischoff and Hogan. Also, Angle gets busted open and Flair bleeds a little too. I know red equals green but I worry these weekly blood angles are going to desensitise viewers.

My prediction? TNA will probably hold onto a 1.0 - 1.2, depending on how boring Raw is on any given night. I don't feel moving to Monday is going to increase viewer numbers or PPV buys. WWE will do a bit to make sure they stay ahead of TNA, but I don't think it's going to be the panicked response Dixie and Co. expect.

Oh well, we've still got ROH on HD-Net - lots of wrestling without any of the BS from the Big Two.