This is what I love about TNA fans and the new Ranking system!!!

Started by ! JDM The Professional !, April 28, 2010, 09:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug E Fresh

As of 8:41AM eastern time...

Desmond Wolfe - 135,272
Jeff Hardy - 132,084

And there's a rumor that tonight on Impact the leader in the poll gets a title shot at RVD...

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on May 03, 2010, 08:42:33 AM
As of 8:41AM eastern time...

Desmond Wolfe - 135,272
Jeff Hardy - 132,084

And there's a rumor that tonight on Impact the leader in the poll gets a title shot at RVD...

QuoteTNA has announced that Rob Van Dam  will defend his TNA title tomorrow night on the live iMPACT!. TNA is dropping hints that the challenger will be the person who s leading the contender's poll on the TNA website.

Quote* More on Eric Bischoff's new rankings system

* Hulk Hogan's decision on who gets Ric Flair's Hall of Fame ring

* Hogan will confront Sting about his recent actions

* Orlando Jordan's new O-Zone segment with guest Rob Terry

* Douglas Williams' return since being stripped of the X Division Title

* Beer Money vs. The Motor City Machineguns

* The Beautiful People vs. Sarita, Taylor Wilde and Tara

QuoteWhen the talk first started of taking the World Title off AJ Styles, TNA wanted to do it on iMPACT to help with ratings but put the belt back on AJ just a few weeks later and have him hold it until Bound For Glory.

When the decision came to put the World Title on Rob Van Dam, several officials were against the idea of putting the belt back on AJ just a few weeks later.

It�s expected that RVD�s World Title reign will be a lengthy one, at least through the Summer.

Also, Ultimate Sacrifice is back next PPV and it's a 4-man match. Confirmed are AJ Styles and RVD.

I can imagine that the rumor is a HIGH HIGH HIGH possibility :) Although no doubt AJ Styles would interfere.

Regards,

JDM

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Duckman

EB keeps posting on FB and Twitter that the vote is only PART of how they decide the next contender to the World Title.

I'm not sure if I'm sold on the World Title being defended on Impact twice in 3 weeks.  I'm always of the mindset that the World Title is defended on PPV main events and nothing else...unless it's a special event or situation.

As for the Title run, I don't see them taking it off RVD soon.  They'll want to see how him on top effects the ratings.  Last week obviously wasn't great but I'd be more than shocked if TNA draw a 0.5 again this week.  I'm predicting a 0.8-0.9 with Raw doing it's usual numbers - perhaps with a small bump post draft.

I'm hoping to see RVD hold onto the Title and knock off a few challengers before eventually dropping the belt back to AJ at some point later in the year.  Although if they decide to really push Desmond Wolfe and put the Title on him, all the better! 

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Jimmy Chisel

Quote from: Ian on April 28, 2010, 01:37:33 PM
Seeing as their most marketable performer is already the Champion it doesnt have to be fixed Sally...

I beg to differ. Jeff Hardy is FAR more marketable considering of all of the TNA roster he is the only one to main event in the WWE, be highly rated competitor in their ranks and all in the last 18 months. RVD hadn't been on TV regularly for three years before turning up in TNA.

To be honest, I don't so much care for a fan voting based ranking system. Wrestling like any form of drama is about manipulating the audiences wishes you don't ask the audience what they want, you don't give them the choice you tell them what is happening, you try and get them to react to or be intrigued by what is going on. The voting concept is good, for a one off like Cyber Sunday but for a regular thing it is just leaving you hog tied. What if people had voted they wanted Shark Boy or Jay Lethal to be top of the rankings. It leaves you open to things you don't want as a storyteller. Not that TNA are that interested in the actual mechanics of telling a narrative.

Of course the system is open to manipulation, and perhaps it has been, but I don't give TNA the benefit of the doubt in this. They're more than likely not bothering but the WWE would screw with the results - hell I would and I'd go with what I want.

Tezmission Black

For instance look at this poll. You got girls between the age of 14-32(Made up statistic, but close enough), creaming there panties to see Hardy get a title shot, so there on every other second voting for Hardy.

With it being vote as many times as you want, someone could spend all day clicking the link and voting for the same person.

Doug E Fresh

Drama Queen

Quote from: Jimmy Chisel on May 03, 2010, 12:19:03 PM
What if people had voted they wanted Shark Boy or Jay Lethal to be top of the rankings. It leaves you open to things you don't want as a storyteller. Not that TNA are that interested in the actual mechanics of telling a narrative.

can be easily got around by this...
Quote from: Jack Benevolence on May 03, 2010, 11:17:58 AM
what they'll probably do is have Wolfe Sharkboy, Jay Lethal fight for the title and fail tonight to get him out of the way...and then push Hardy to the shot.

Doug E Fresh

RVD vs. Wolfe happened. Would of loved it if they had gotten more than like 5 minutes.

Black Death

yep lose what could have been least few weeks of storyline ,  Desmond talking how he is fans choice , shit like that , could have taken this least build a whole show around it .  Five min main event ,  come on desmond pretty much getting job for the most part since he been there .  how long RVD been in the company , not even two month he world champion...what? , desmond ... half a year , hell he started out with a fued with kurt angle his matches were top notch ...  now it down hill from there . this like his second time going for title both did not last past ten mins ...  it was complete waste of time
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"