News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Goodbye

Started by Jon Tees, July 20, 2013, 06:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kieran King

Tees.

Facilitating discussion is something to be applauded. On occasion, you have seemed genuinely interested in doing this (i.e. regarding the next generation of gaming consoles). However, more often than not you simply post an outlandish question and barely even respond or participate in any discussion of the topic that you raised, instead simply moving on to a new topic.

It is these inane posts, as well as the passing of judgement on other people's lifestyle choices, thinly veiled behind extremely leading questions, that lead people to criticize you. If stopping these sorts of posts involves you stepping away from this site, then so be it. Nobody will bat an eye. Instead, they'll just post videos, gifs and images ridiculing you on your way out. See above.

Ty

Quote from: Kieran King on July 20, 2013, 11:10:39 PM
Tees.

Facilitating discussion is something to be applauded. On occasion, you have seemed genuinely interested in doing this (i.e. regarding the next generation of gaming consoles). However, more often than not you simply post an outlandish question and barely even respond or participate in any discussion of the topic that you raised, instead simply moving on to a new topic.

It is these inane posts, as well as the passing of judgement on other people's lifestyle choices, thinly veiled behind extremely leading questions, that lead people to criticize you. If stopping these sorts of posts involves you stepping away from this site, then so be it. Nobody will bat an eye. Instead, they'll just post videos, gifs and images ridiculing you on your way out. See above.

Can we get more of this kind of response please. It helps things better than the others.

I still feel this thread should be locked

Judge

Triple B

I think the problem is that over time, things escalate.

In the beginning of the Tees-Project, you could ask questions like "What would you do if you went blind" and they were weird, but interesting questions.  Unfortunately, you can only ask that question so many times before it gets old.

So... Tees keeps going.  Eventually we get the thinly veiled judgement on people like "If you masturbate more than once a week are you a sex addict?" or "Have you stopped beating your wife?"

The more time went on, it just seemed to me to be more questions like you would see on Fox News, where they would ask stuff like "Is President Obama a Muslim?"  And then claim they weren't making an accusation, but merely asking a question.

Finding that Tees makes money off of goofy posts somehow, whether it was done on the e-sites he goes on (here and RK from what I can tell) or not, the whole thing was just getting too weird.  I really didn't like the accusatory wording that Tees would use in some threads.

However, I would say that once confronted, with a "Fine, I'm leaving!" and then windmill running away kind of validates the "goofiness" of Tees, and validates in my mind that the man has some problems.  I think in the long run, it might be best for Tees to slide off into the night anyway, as his posts were a ticking time-bomb of someone going off on something.

Also,  I'm pissed he wasn't posting recipes for muffins here but was on his site.  Apparently we were never good enough for delicious muffins.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.