News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., April 17, 2011, 03:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF8hsrTG3TI

As strength on TV looks...I remember this and thinking wow. Not sure why the video goes on so long, but its about 1 minute and 20 seconds in you see how strong Goldberg was.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Ash Bombay

I know it was a hip toss BD, i'm just saying he was booked as a strongman from that point on. And nice video Ian, I had forgotten about that.

Gary

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on April 17, 2011, 07:50:02 PM
Though not muscle bound, King Kong Bundy and Vader where also always viewed as power houses.

And though he only wrestled like, 3 matches....youtube any video of Scott Norton...the guy never get hurt...ever...seriously...even when the Warrior was taking out the entire NWO...he would just leave the ring on his own...he never got beat up....just saying.

in Jericho's first book he put over Scott Norton for being strong and teaching him arm wrestling tricks.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Hondo

Being billed as a strongman is somewhat of a curse, though. Those guys always end up not getting over or somehow failing later on.

Take for instances the guys labeled as the Worlds Strongest Man

*Ted Arcidi
*Bill Kazmeier
*Dino Bravo
*Mark Henry
*Tony Atlas
*etc. etc. etc.

Just think, of ALL the people billed as the World's Strongest Man, Mark Henry may be the most successful of the lot. Mark Henry.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Duckman

Wasn't Scott Norton a professional arm wrestler too?  Sure I remember that from a shoot interview with him.

That dude Jackson from The Corre is pretty fucking strong.  When he slammed Big Show the first time it wasn't one of the hiptoss type things.  It was a proper dead lift, then hold him, then turn him and slam!  Incredibly feat. 

I reckon from a booking point of view Hogan must be up there.  I mean him slamming Andre was one of the biggest 'power' moments in wrestling for decades.  Plus it meant a fuck load at the time.

Cena, Brock, Goldberg all probably in there too.

Plenty of others too but those are the first ones I thought of.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Black Death

lol  Ash i know , I never pass up the chance to throw that at someone

Norton was a arm wrestler and he taught Jericho the Trick to winning in arm wrestling matches as Jericho told in his book . Jericho has said if you catch him on a good night , he might teach you the trick .

we forgot about my man Ron Simmons ... Legit  ,  I know what Ron would say to not being mention   

DAMN!!!
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

GM Franchise

Strongest would be Goldberg during his first run and probably Hulk Hogan between '83-'88.
Weakest would be the Ding Dongs and Gillberg.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

The Janitor

Remember when Matt Morgan came to WWE? He was booked as the biggest powerhouse ever. When they got him to F5 'show through that table. Andre the Giant was always booked as unstoppable, though in retrospect not booked as the strongest. I'd have to say Hogan and then go for a shower. Lesner and Cena too

Question: I know my opinion, but would everyone say that unstoppable equates to strongest?

Black Death

unstoppable and strongest are to different things in my view ... hell they book the big show as unstoppable in WCW when he first enter it .  goldberg was unstoppable for longest ... hell samoa joe went like what two years without  being pin .  Kurt Angle was undefeated for what about year.  Kane did not lose until he face the undertaker for the first time.

unstoppable does not equal strongest

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Duckman

I remember when Taz was 'unstoppable' in ECW.  The original MMA-wrestling hybrid gimmick.  Dropped everyone with big suplexes, hardly left his feet and didn't really sell much.

He went to WWE and was booked in the completely opposite way.

So much power with the booking of someone you can really portray them in any way you see fit.  Plus, as with most marketing, you say the same thing over and over, eventually people believe it.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.