News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

FULL WWE Draft Results

Started by Smash INC, April 26, 2011, 12:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

My thoughts taken from my TFWF blog:

Alright then, the WWE draft.  I’m kind of at a loss to work out what the fuck was the point in that whole deal with Cena.  We basically got the first Dusty Finish to a WWE draft.  Why?  Seriously help me out here because I can’t work it out.  The only thing I can think of is that WWE completely forgot the last 5-6 years and decided that we all needed reminding that Cena is the king of WWE.  Cause we haven’t had him rammed down or throats for YEARS now!  Or maybe they wanted to cut the legs out from under Orton due to his new beard â€" in any event his move to Smackdown should have been the whole focus of the draft.  That final moment with Cena and his cheesy fucking face and his weak looking offense as he beat up everyone at the end of the show just made me want to spew.  CM Punk couldn’t have said it better, “no one cares about this.”  You know how fucking crap it was when the discussion about the draft on EFK was almost invisible. 

Some of the draft moves were pretty obvious, Orton to Smackdown, Sin Cara to Smackdown, Rey to Raw, Swagger to Raw, Daniel Bryan to Smackdown, Sheamus to Smackdown, Del Rio to Raw, but there were also a lot of side ways moves that seemed like a giant waste of time.  Did anyone even remember Great Khali was a Raw guy?  Is anyone hyped that Big Show is going to Raw, even though as one half of the tag champs he can work both shows?  Who the fuck are the Usos?  Seriously, those dudes are still employed by WWE?  I had no idea.  Mark Henry turned heel?  Yeah, cause he’s been great over the past 12 years he’s been in WWE!  I hate to say it but I can’t help but feel Kofi and Drew are dead in the water on Raw.  The phrase ‘lost in the shuffle’ springs to mind.

Smackdown is always a better show from a wrestling point of view so seeing guys like Bryan, Sin Cara and Sheamus go over there is a real plus for me.  They will be pretty safe from the usual BS campy bullshit on Raw and might be given a chance to get over with the in-ring ability.  With Swagger coming to Raw I reckon Cole is going to be announced as the Raw GM sometime in the next month or two and hopefully this is used to continue the push of Miz and Swagger.  Get the cunt off commentary and let him be the GM.  The product as a whole would benefit because JR and King could get important angles over without Cole talking all over them and putting himself over all the time.  Plus we’d get rid of that fucking laptop.  For all his faults on commentary I reckon Cole would be a great heel GM, especially with the likes of Swagger and Miz backing him up.

I know I ranted about the whole Cole/King/JR/Swagger never ending feud before but I’m going to do it again.  Why the fuck did they give away Cole vs. JR on free TV?  People would have paid money to see that, especially when JR just punched the utter fuck out of Cole’s face.  Greatest Raw moment ever!  Got to be pay back for spraying him in the eye with the BBQ sauce a few weeks ago because you could see that wasn’t planned and REALLY fucked JR off.  He hit him so hard he broke a bone in his hand.  Cole’s tooth actually embedded in JR’s fist, down to the bone!!  Amazing.  I could watch that punch every second of every day until the end of time and I’d still smile.  But again, the booking was just TNA level ineptitude.  It was like a blow off angle to a feud a week before what I PRAY TO FUCKING GOD is the blow off PPV match of the feud.  Lame.

Plus that was the go home show for their next PPV and I hardly even realised.  They’ve beefed the show up slightly with the Punk/Orton last man standing and the Rey/Rhodes match but other than that, for a PPV coming off Wrestlemania, it’s just so weak and uninteresting.  Granted the draft means the World Title matches are slightly less certain in outcome. 

I can see Christian winning now but unfortunately I can also see Cena winning the WWE Title and going on to feud with Del Rio with a match at Summerslam.  The only problem with that is it means Del Rio has lost two PPV main events since winning the Rumble and also it leaves Miz hanging.  If there’s two guys on the roster WWE needs to protect it’s Miz and Del Rio because despite the fact Miz never gets a clean win and Del Rio is still a bit clunky in the ring, they’re two of the guys who have received substantial and sustained pushes over the past 6 months.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Drama Queen

TNA level booking indeed. If TNA had pulled that shit with Cena being double-drafted this topic would be six pages long at least!

The Janitor

I'm just happy Cena's staying on Raw. I actually wish he could have stayed on the smackdown brand too and dominated BOTH brands. It would have been great for us fans to see him more, and it's infair if you can only get tickets to  smackdown show that you miss out on seeing Cena. But i prefer him on Raw over Smackdown (though maybe they should think about letting him compete on both with the ME level being so thin). I can't wait until he beats Miz and starts a programme with Del Rio. The reason being that WWE haven't really had a chance to show that Cena is dominant over Del Rio yet, and that needs to happen for Cena to keep his cemented place as the top level star and performer he is.

There were some other draft picks that were good, but it was Cena i was most happy about. And what a way to end the show! It was an unexpected twist having him come back and come out to destroy everyone at the end. I completely marked out.

Cenation stands strong!

Great draft, awesome twist using their - only really - top star left.

Goldferg

This whole draft seems really.... bizzarre. From a logical standpoint, it telegraphs a Christian win (which, as part of the Peep-ulation I'm all for), from a WWE atypical 'screw logic' standpoint (and since Del Rio was prolly meant to go over originally)... both titles could end up on the one show and... then what? Unlike last time this happened there isn't a MITB bearing guy to change everything around, or a stagered draft to change things.

Unless we're rebuilding to a return to the undisputed title, seems bizzarre to me
Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Black Death

undisputed title turn ... same like a logical twist now. 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

The Janitor

undisputed title would be awesome....

PS. My last post was all sarcasm. I'm not a fan of Super-Cena in the slightest

---''Take three bumps in the shower and need medical help? Not me... i just no-sell and go.''

No-sell, the new shampoo from Terry Baloa... endorsed by John Cena---

Duckman

I was hoping your post was sarcastic!  Was about to send for the men in white coats to take you away!

Undisputed Title would be great too.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Drama Queen

Quote from: The Janitor on April 28, 2011, 05:38:49 AM
undisputed title would be awesome....

PS. My last post was all sarcasm. I'm not a fan of Super-Cena in the slightest

---''Take three bumps in the shower and need medical help? Not me... i just no-sell and go.''

No-sell, the new shampoo from Terry Baloa... endorsed by John Cena---

I gave you +1 Kharma when I read it... you deserved it either for the witty sarcasm or just out of sympathy :)