Kurt Angle's mistress is...

Started by Gary, May 03, 2011, 08:04:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Kieran King on May 05, 2011, 04:54:32 PM
I don't really care enough to form an opinion on most of the stuff brought up, but I've read elsewhere where you've mentioned that people are mmaking claims about TNA being on life-support, where you point out (and rightfully so) that people can't really make that statement without having access to TNA's books. Well... this seems to be a case of you kind of doing the exact same thing.

Not really seeing as I am comparing running a show from one arena which Impact tapes from vs. WWE going all over the country with two different sets for RAW/Smackdown were as TNA has one show run from the same place with the same set asking all the wrestlers who wrestle there to be 99% of the time at the same location. They can also record multiple segments in on sequence because of this. Therefore:

- Logisitcs
- Production
- Travel

Three things off the top of my head will be kept to a minimum by using this business model. Why I can't give you figures it doesn't take a genius to work out this would be more cost effective than patterning themselves after what WWE does.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Jack Benevolence on May 05, 2011, 10:04:27 PM
Um...that's just crazy talk...

1. It wouldn't be anonymous at all
2. They aren't JUST alcoholics
3. Calling it AA wrestling would imply that TNA is trying to help them off of it.

Obviously that statement was just more TNhater talk!

/sarcasm.

LOL I thought that was Karma worthy!

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Kieran King

Quote from: Bill-E Mitchell on May 05, 2011, 06:19:46 PM
Not really seeing as I am comparing running a show from one arena which Impact tapes from vs. WWE going all over the country with two different sets for RAW/Smackdown were as TNA has one show run from the same place with the same set asking all the wrestlers who wrestle there to be 99% of the time at the same location. They can also record multiple segments in on sequence because of this. Therefore:

- Logisitcs
- Production
- Travel

Three things off the top of my head will be kept to a minimum by using this business model. Why I can't give you figures it doesn't take a genius to work out this would be more cost effective than patterning themselves after what WWE does.

It also doesn't take a genius to know that forking out for the higher salary that stars like Hogan, Flair, Sting, Hardy and Foley all demand coming into a new promotion is LESS cost effective than focusing on the stars that have already built a relationship with both the company and the TNA specific fans so are more loyal, therefore willing to work for less (that part comes directly from my own work experience).

I get your argument, but there's just as good an argument along those lines as far as I'm concerned. The one place where neither side can really speak about is revenue from other sources, which is how the argument isn't just decisively won.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Kieran King on May 06, 2011, 02:23:55 AM
It also doesn't take a genius to know that forking out for the higher salary that stars like Hogan, Flair, Sting, Hardy and Foley all demand coming into a new promotion is LESS cost effective than focusing on the stars that have already built a relationship with both the company and the TNA specific fans so are more loyal, therefore willing to work for less (that part comes directly from my own work experience).

I get your argument, but there's just as good an argument along those lines as far as I'm concerned. The one place where neither side can really speak about is revenue from other sources, which is how the argument isn't just decisively won.

Assuming they are paid on the basis of a contract and not apperance based again which we don't know and I take your point there since I am only focusing on the factors I know we can plainly see would be a money saver vs having a company on the road.

Further to this TNA has already expanded more into touring over seas which is historically very lucrative for any wrestling organisation and also an action figure line as well which I am sure would contribute to paying for more expensive stars.

Loyalty of performers which means they work for less? I don't really think your work experience puts you in a position to make that call, loyalty in the wrestling business seems very rare.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Kieran King

Quote from: Bill-E Mitchell on May 06, 2011, 07:19:20 AM
Loyalty of performers which means they work for less? I don't really think your work experience puts you in a position to make that call, loyalty in the wrestling business seems very rare.

Ha! Okay, I'll give you that one.