News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

"I really like the X-Games"

Started by jagilki, September 12, 2011, 02:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagilki

QuoteFormer WWE developmental wrestler Teddy Hart appeared on Live Audio Wrestling to discuss Next Generation Stampede Wrestling, which premieres this Friday night in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. The third generation discussed the promotion's concept, some "out of the box" ideas he has, members of the Hart family, issues with CM Punk, and more. Highlights from the interview are as follows:

How Next Generation Stampede Wrestling is different: "We have trampolines and we have skateboarders, we have all sorts of things that we want to do. I really like the X-Games, and I'm trying to get guys that are in the X-Games to transfer over into this new sport of wrestling that I'm creating. Certain things to look for in the future - you might end up getting a key instead of winning a fall, because all the falls are 2 out of 3 falls, we'll be wrestling a Mexican Lucha Libre style on that. Instead of winning a belt or something, you might win a key which will unlock a certain weapon that you can use, which may be like a skateboard, or a trampoline, or a special pair of boots that have magnets on the bottom so you can do some things that have never been possible before. Also, the turnbuckles are robotic for the new ring that we're designing. This may be six months away, but guys can adjust the height while they're up there."

Ideas he would like to see in the promotion: "I'd like to see mechanically altered weapons and things like that. Chairs that change sizes, ladders that get longer, so you can be on a ladder and press a button and it gives you another three feet or five feet if you want to go higher. Higher is ratings. If you can have the fans all typing into their phone, and you want to see Ted Hart go an extra five feet in their air, everyone's got 30 seconds to type a code into their phone. If the code is in, and I get my combination from the referee, I climb up another five feet."

Working with pets to incorporate into wrestling: "I'm training cats to come out to the ring with me, and I'm also trying to train animals to get involved in matches. I'm trying to get safety animals, like a dog, to basically pull the referee's leg before the count of three, little things like that. Or my dog will be carrying a weapon for me, and I would get it off his neck. Potentially if I had a female manager, and she has a cat, and the cat is maybe a good way of getting couple kids out of the audience, and I lure the kids out of the audience and the kids cause a disqualification to happen so I don't have to lose the belt, or something like that."

Marq

"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Black Death

"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Russ

Pretty sure Barney Green was managed by his pet cat. Sums this up.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Tezmission Black

So what issues did Teddy Hart have with Punkster?

Alex Smiley

Sounds like Teddy got a hold of the Hardys' stash, and decided to run his own OMEGA.

Can't wait to see someone trying to run an efed like this.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Jonny Worldbeater

So this braindead dipshit blackballs himself from pretty much every company in existence, and now he's going to start up a backyard fed for people with the mental capacity of a 13-year old boy.

Way to go Teddy. A real credit to the Hart Family name, you are.

Keep flying that freak flag, you cracked out talentless spot monkey moron.

Also, for info about his heat with Punk, please follow the link to Punk's famous Livejournal entry on the subject. It is most glorious.

http://cmpunk.livejournal.com/9301.html

For additional reading, there's also this:

Quote from: TVTropes, Spot Monkey articleA particularly infamous example is indy primadonna Teddy Hart. In addition to being a royal pain backstage and having delusions about his own popularity, Teddy was well known for no-selling within seconds of a match's finish just so that he could show off with more athletic moves. The height of this was Teddy performing several unplanned spots off the top of a cage following a Ring Of Honor cage match. The spots made no sense, diminished the story of the match by having Teddy be energetic enough to perform them, were a blatant attempt at drawing attention to himself, and put the other wrestlers in danger because they had to catch him with no preparation. ROH blackballed him, and future WWE Heavyweight Champion CM Punk publicly lambasted Teddy for his actions. This single incident is probably the most extreme example of everything that is wrong with the Spot Monkey style.
CM Punk: There is no god, and the cage wasn't 30 feet.
â—¦ Not to mention that both Punk AND Hart got blackballed (at least from that company) for a fight that they had while both employed by TNA.

Gary

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Goldferg

Quote from: The Bong Guy Stoner Hall on February 06, 2010, 01:11:21 PM
I hammered The Pink Ranger...  I never thought I would be so sad to say that.....
Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on May 12, 2015, 11:15:06 AM
Becoming a super beast with a tendency for high octane flying shits...its a lifestyle choice.

Bryan