News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Started by ., May 20, 2012, 11:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

Rob

Honestly think John Cena probably would've done well 25 years ago, aside from that Shawn Michaels was hugely over in PG Era and Attitude Era... and whatever it was from 2002 - 2004? Was that PG?
SixersEagles

[/center]

brkendown

Someone like Sting has shown he is capable of getting over in any era and any environment.

Ric Flair deserves to be on this list as well.

As far as a newer generation, Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit should be on this list.

Cory

I'd say Edge was always good, and HBK

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Gary

Actually agree on Edge, he managed to get over during the attitude era, and the pg era, and he seems like he could've gotten over in the 80s and early 90s ala the rockers.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Sgt. Josh Underpants

Randy Orton, he's easily pushing a character that would have fit perfectly in the Attitude era as well as staying over now.  He's got the right build for someone who could have made a name for himself in the 80's as well.  He's not overly massive but he's not small either, he would have easily filled a spot in alongside guys like Sting, Flair, Piper, and the like and still been a big name
Shank â€" Action Josh Madrid does towards anyone making a racial slur towards latinos on the SB, his main target is usually Midas.
You Are Game Will Evolve
Quote from: Judge Reinhold on September 16, 2009, 07:30:31 AM
This dude is the most cracker looking beaner you\'ll ever meet.

Hondo

To be fair, Edge was mostly a midcarder in the Attitude Era.

I'd say Michaels is the most timeless. His cocky heel persona would have gotten over in the territorial days, imagine all the grannies shaking their canes at him back in the old Mid-South or World Class days. He is one of the best wrestlers too, he could (and did) get over with any type of match, whether it be storytelling, technical or a spot match.

I think Cena would have been a huge star in the Mid-South era, a big, muscular babyface who the fans like and pay money to see. Kinda like Magnum TA.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

Rock too.

He had the size (well, when he hit his prime) to compete with the large wrestlers in the 80s
Dominated the 90s-early 2000s
And was huge recently, still the biggest draw in the business.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

The Laughing Man

I would have to say Taker but i don't think he counts since he been through almost every era. My runner up would be Kurt Angle honestly he would have gotten over with the gold medal gimmick alone since no matter in what era winning a medal for your country means alot.(maybe more back then than now.)

Rob

Nobody agree with me on Cena?
SixersEagles

[/center]

Hondo

The rapper gimmick didn't help PN Newz much in the 90's.

Of course, PN Newz was an immobile fat piece of crap who couldn't sell a man in the Sahara a glass of water. But still.

I think Cena would have gotten over more as an aw-shucks, pretty boy, white hat face in the 80's. Like Magnum TA as I said before.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Gary

I think Attitude Era would've been the one era Cena wouldn't have gotten over..at least in his current character.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Rob

I think Cena's got the charisma to have used a different gimmick during the 90s, maybe not as a rapper but using some of that attitude and personality he had in his early gimmick.

And yeah Hondo is spot on as t why I thought he would be over in the 80s
SixersEagles

[/center]

Drama Queen

Are you serious? A superbabyface shoved down our throats who overcomes almost mathematically impossible odds would NEVER have gotten over in the Hogan era :P