"It's Still (Sorta) Real to Me, Dammit!"

Started by Marq, January 28, 2013, 10:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marq

"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

Hondo

Guys, guys, guys...

Folks are gonna have to realize, from a promoter's standpoint, putting the belt on Rock was the RIGHT CALL!

We all love Punk, that's undeniable. But Rock is over not only with the target audience, he's got a MAINSTREAM audience. You're bringing a LOT of attention to your product with Rock as the champ.

It's all about the money. Some may not like to hear that, but every promotion that ever ran a show was trying to make money too. It's the name of the game.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Hondo

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Stoner

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

Rob

Quote from: JackHondo on January 28, 2013, 02:38:14 PM
Guys, guys, guys...

Folks are gonna have to realize, from a promoter's standpoint, putting the belt on Rock was the RIGHT CALL!

We all love Punk, that's undeniable. But Rock is over not only with the target audience, he's got a MAINSTREAM audience. You're bringing a LOT of attention to your product with Rock as the champ.

It's all about the money. Some may not like to hear that, but every promotion that ever ran a show was trying to make money too. It's the name of the game.

And you've got your nostalgic fans that want to relive a bit of their childhood and will tune in tonight to see The Rock as WWE Champ
SixersEagles

[/center]

Midas

I just don't know what to say...

I am in the Wrestling Fantasy League and I honestly did not believe Punk was walking out with the title so I was surprised when he won the match and loved the fact I received win points for it... Then they restart the match and I am informed I am getting more points for a new match which was sweet but when Punk lost I was not shocked... To the Elbow YES but the lost did not shock me or upset me... I looked at my uncle and said "That's sucks" but that was the extent of my reaction...

To watch this video and to see this person react that way just shocked me... Then the follow up video is titled "Overreacting Boyfriend" and that is when I realized this is a couple and the fat kid is not a kid but a man... I thought it was like a teenager whose sister was taping and he was acting that way...

I found it entertaining and sad...

Rob

I actually thought it was a good thing because I thought Punk holding the title had become stale and boring, despite being a Punk guy
SixersEagles

[/center]

jagilki

I'm not "pissed" with Rock winning.  I'm not really annoyed.  I'm apathetic. 

However I'm irritated with HOW he won.  Spinebuster/Peoples Elbow.... that's about all he did to Punk then 1..2..3..

It felt like such a weak ending to such a great reign.

GM Franchise

I feel sorry for the girlfriend in those videos, lol.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I proper just pissed myself laughing at those.

1. The guy didnt have a bed in his room...what does he do sleep standing up
2. Someone go see why the dog is barking, you might have an intruder...or infact the dog is a massive Rock fan
3. There was a supersized McDonalds cup on the table...speaks volumes.
4. You are not retarded for playing with toys, you are retarded for beating up a Christmas Tree...Santa With Muscles.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'