News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

CM Punk to UFC?

Started by Gravedigger, December 06, 2014, 10:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravedigger

Just read this. Is it legit?

Mike Powers

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/11991124/cm-punk-joins-ufc-fight-2015

Apparently it is.

Oh, and Fnordbot 5000 will be pissed that you scooped him.  :P

GM Franchise

Yeah it's legit from what I just read.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Gravedigger

I just saw it a few other places. Guess it's a go.

Black Death

It legit ... well 2015 is going to be very interesting for Punk . 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Jon

He was at UFC 181, Joe Rogan interviewed him.

Yes, it's official.

He'll be fighting at either middleweight (185) or welterweight (170) sometime in 2015.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

jagilki

How did Joe Rogan interview him?

"Shitty fake wrestler, you suck because shitty fake wrestling is shitty fake."

"I'mma UFC."

"OH MY GOD!  THIS IS SO COOL!"

Jon

My favorite part was the end...

Joe Rogan: "Good luck."

Phil "CM Punk" Brooks: "Luck is for losers, Joe Rogan."

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: jagilki on December 07, 2014, 12:01:11 AM
How did Joe Rogan interview him?

"Shitty fake wrestler, you suck because shitty fake wrestling is shitty fake."

"I'mma UFC."

"OH MY GOD!  THIS IS SO COOL!"

No one brings up how in June rogan said that no one can do what wrestlers do to their bodies...

Cory

I like Punk, but really he should take on a personality role.....hes going to get KILLED by any top 15 fighter in whatever weight class he picks.

He's an athlete with hundreds of thousands of miles on him, I really hope for his own health he takes on a media role.

EDIT: More I think about it, the more this scenario is closer to Hershall Walker than Brock Lesnar, but I wish the best for the guy.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Stoner

He's been challenged by the Green Ranger.  This is glorious.

Quote[Today at 05:31:25 PM] JackHondo: If a zombie outbreak ever happened, Stonie would cut his arm off and replace it with a chainsaw.

Quote from: Ian "Wolfie" Trumps on July 23, 2015, 03:24:59 PM

ToneCold

Yeah, and for that match... there'd be a chance of them getting a buy from me. Would that also be Jason David Frank's UFC Debut? (I know he's done other MMA fights but don't know whether it was UFC, Bellator or something else).

This is a good move though, and I'm sure it will also help UFC at least in the short term. Longterm depends on whether he wins his fights, and from what I can tell he has great background for this.
A major plus point for him will be a much lighter schedule, meaning he shouldn't get the same problems he got with such a busy schedule in WWE? Soon as this was announced I saw a lot of "LOL guy who complains his body's all beat up joins UFC" but UFC wouldn't put him in a match very soon after significant surgery etc and they'll be much better spaced out.
That's the bottom line coz Tone Cold said so...

Duckman

With Punk there's a huge difference between rolling a few times a week in BJJ class, and being a professional fighter.

The only time I've heard of Punk having a legit fight, was with Teddy Hart years back when they were both in TNA.  According to those who witnessed it, Teddy kicked his ass.

Sure, a fight in the street is different from a pro fight, but I just can't see Punk being able to compete with guys who've trained and fought for years.

He's gone from Sunday league football to the Premiership in terms of the gulf in class.

Fair play to him and the UFC though, it's a smart business move that will only increase awareness of both.  Plus they'll make out like bandits from the fight.  Plus if it's his dream and something he wants to do, who am I (or anyone else who has never fought) to say he shouldn't do it?

I've always liked and respected Punk and I'll watch his first fight hoping he'll win, but my head says he's going to get smoked.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

J-Reb

I'm watching Punk vs. Cena from MITB 2011...and sweet mercy.  That was *the* single best crowd in the history of the WWE, IMO.  Punk could have lifted his leg and pissed and the crowd would have ate it up.

On that note, CM Punk was the only thing worth watching in the WWE for the last 4 years.

Strike

Quote from: J-Reb on May 07, 2015, 11:51:46 AM
I'm watching Punk vs. Cena from MITB 2011...and sweet mercy.  That was *the* single best crowd in the history of the WWE, IMO.  Punk could have lifted his leg and pissed and the crowd would have ate it up.

On that note, CM Punk was the only thing worth watching in the WWE for the last 4 years.

That particular crowd was on fire from start to finish of the event, which is even crazier.