Well WWE is bringing back Tough Enough but on the USA network

Started by Chris Stern, January 15, 2015, 09:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Stern

Why am I not shocked by this? Hey we got this network we launched last year that is having trouble getting decent amounts of new subs and keeping the ones we do get, is starving for new content so why don't we take a revial of Tough Enough that we were planning on putting on the network and put it on USA instead!  WWE Logic at it's finest.

Edit: Not saying a new Tough Enough will be anything to draw in subs and keep subs there but it's more content which is something the network needs especially since they had to pull Main Event off, again no real loss but that is one less show they have there.

source: https://twitter.com/Zap2it/status/555793148589637632

Hondo

The last Tough Enough was plenty interesting, but the talent involved pretty much sucked. Hopefully they throw two or three in there who could actually hang on the roster.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Kieran King

So with this, and with Main Event being dropped... does anyone else feel like they're giving up on the Network already?

Chris Stern

Quote from: Kieran King on January 16, 2015, 06:57:14 AM
So with this, and with Main Event being dropped... does anyone else feel like they're giving up on the Network already?

Well the Main Event thing was due to them being idiots and their deal with Sky forced them to pull it till they can add a Geoblock for the streams so UK subs can't watch Main Event when it's live on the steam and possibly in the on demand section

Gravedigger

Quote from: Kieran King on January 16, 2015, 06:57:14 AM

Ummmm.......... $9.99 for pay per views, NXT, and a ton of library videos? Yeah, Main Event will make me drop the network.....

Hondo

I don't think they're giving up on the network, but at the same time they're learning they can't put all their eggs in one basket.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Gravedigger

Correct, sir. And I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually try to get a TV deal for NXT. As much as the network brings in revenue for the company, TV rights are big time.

Chris Stern

Quote from: Gravedigger on January 16, 2015, 01:16:09 PM
Correct, sir. And I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually try to get a TV deal for NXT. As much as the network brings in revenue for the company, TV rights are big time.

They tried to get a TV deal for NXT when they were shopping around for a new home for their shows but no one wanted it, maybe due to the name since the original pre Trips NXT tanked hard in the ratings.

But I agree with you and Hondo on the TV rights thing, until network TV finally dies out or at least is on deaths door which if current trends continue is a very real thing, since more and more people in the US are dropping cable(cable companies are reporting the biggest subscriber losses yet this past year) and satellite TV which is forcing cable companies to find new ways to stay in business and others like Verizon to peruse creating a Intel set top device internet tv service to compete with streaming devices like Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, and Google chrome cast. But until that finally happens WWE needs to do what they can to make that money and keep shareholders happy.

Still they do need to do a better balancing act with making shows for network TV and making shows for the WWE Network.