News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Zayn v Owens hype video - one of the best ever

Started by Duckman, February 07, 2015, 10:43:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Here's the hype video for the upcoming NXT Title match between Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens.  It's probably one of the best WWE have ever done.  Tells the story and history between them and just looks great.  I can't wait for this match.  Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBgbI35memU#t=18
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Tezmission Black

Yeah they showed it at the end of NXT last week, I got legit goosebumps.

Chris Stern

just goes to show how much better NXT is in terms of storylines and match quality. But yeah that was awesome video package one of the highlights of last weeks show for me along with the Balor v Itami match.

Jon

Man, that hype video alone makes me want to watch NXT.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

The TeeJ of Philly

I think it's right there with Miz's "Hate Me Now" promo at WM27, both just have the story there, let the story tell itself. No one is ever going to top WWE in terms of production. They could make Slater Gator vs Los Matadores seem like the end all be all of tag team wrestling with a 4 minute video.

BamBamBunglow

My only problem is, it's not a "WWE storyline" - it's a story carried over from ROH.

That aside, it's a good video and I'm REALLY looking forward to the match.

Duckman

You could argue it's a story carried over from PWG too, or going even further back, CZW.

I think what matters now is where the story is being told and where it's going.

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Gravedigger

Who cares where it came from if it's good.....

Drama Queen

They both come across as so real, so believable. Has Owens been the unquestionable heel throughout the build-up? Because he doesn't come across as such a bad guy, just somebody who wants the same prize that his friend has.

J-Reb

I've never watched a Zayn or Owens match in NXT or anywhere else for that matter.  But after watching a four minute video, I'm really looking forward to watching them in the ring.  See, WWE.  Take note at how you use video footage to get a feud over. 

Duckman

Tezmission Black

I actually think its a really good thing, you use their story's from past experiences and that helps them establish a baseline story that they can begin to build the WWE structure around.

Will any of this be used once their called up? Probably not, but the experience in NXT will help them get ready for what it'll be like once they are, and honestly as long as we are getting amazing matches based off of it, then I'm all for it.

Black Death

if you are not watching NXT , you should be .  I can not wait for this match .   great job on the build up  also  Balor vs Neville is another match that might  steal the show
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

! JDM The Professional !

Quote from: Black Death on February 07, 2015, 04:39:46 PM
if you are not watching NXT , you should be .  I can not wait for this match .   great job on the build up  also  Balor vs Neville is another match that might  steal the show

Balor vs. Neville will be absolutely kick ass. One I'm definitely going to try and see. Pac and Devitt are both amazing and will kill it if given the time.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot the eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned.

Quote from: Kise on February 29, 2012, 01:42:01 AM
Shake and bake, JDM! S-n-B!

!JDM'S Top Ten Movies of all Time!
1. Leon the Professional
2. American Beauty
3. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
4. The Big Lebowskie
5. There will be blood
6. A Clockwork Orange
7. Once upon a time in the West
8. The Proposition
9. Reservoir Dogs
10. Taxi Driver

Rob

REALITY era.

This is gold, this has Triple H written all over it based on his interview with Austin.
SixersEagles

[/center]