NXT Takeover Brooklyn

Started by Black Death, August 23, 2015, 06:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: BamBamBunglow on August 24, 2015, 06:06:11 AM
It reminded me a fair bit of when Rock debuted as Rocky Maivia. A little *too* happy and positive. This may possibly be down to me being a grumpy, cynical old bastard, but I have do have a dislike for the overly happy/hyped/positive/smiley babyface.

Yeah the happy to be here, I worked hard to get here, is going to get old fast.

Him coming out your "wow! That's for me!?!? Wow!"

Also Bam, it is impressive, until you realize he did a standing shooting star in every vignette. My issue is the lack of impact it has more than its lack of impressing. The Helluva Kick is impactful, the shotgun kick, impactful, the coup de grace is from the top rope, extra impactful. Everyone finisher you listed minus the subs, have more impact than his finisher. Breeze kicks put all of his weight and momentum into your face.  And the people who have the subs, have impactful finishers (Joe) or a impressive set up/transition (Sasha)

The standing moonsault looks good, but kayfabe, it has the same impact if he just did a Warrior like splash. I don't want to spill his beer not because of the moonsault, if anything that takes away from the rest of him. He's shoulders/chest are close to as wide as some of the big guys (Big e, Ryback). The Standing Moonsault should set up the finisher, it takes the wind out of a guy, who gets up trying to breathe and he hits them with something with more impact.

T-Bonizzle

The gorilla press was part of the finisher too guys. Also anyone else get the feeling that they are gonna shorten his name to Apollo after a while.

BamBamBunglow

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one Teej - personally, having a 6'1, 240lb bag of muscle backflipping onto an opponent he just lifted over his head and dropped like a sack of potato's is impactful enough for me :) I'm personally rating it higher than the shotgun kick (but this may be due to the fact I want Kenta coming back with the damned GTS).

Now, what would be REALLY cool would be if he busted out the final part of it - the Uhaa combination is the gorilla, moonsault, shooting star. People would mark the mark out for that.

Bone... I hope not :(

Black Death

Quote from: T-Chen on August 24, 2015, 08:04:58 AM
The gorilla press was part of the finisher too guys. Also anyone else get the feeling that they are gonna shorten his name to Apollo after a while.

It going to be AC

It was just his first match , give him time to evolve the character.  That why he down there , I would like him to develop a cockiness  to his character.  Him being a gifted freak of nature , use that  to tell everyone your better , you were born that way and no one works harder than you to keep it that way. Your better because you just got it and you maintain it, I am going to be champion and no one going to stop me from reaching that goal.  Make it a character obsession...    from what I heard his weakness is his mic skills , he going to train to improve that . 

I have no problem with the Standing Shooting Star Press .  Quite frankly that he can do it and make it look so damn good is impressive as shit.  Everything about this guy screams winner, get him some seasoning and watch the money roll in.
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Midas

Most of the time I watch wrestling it is with Fnord sitting to my right counting the FWL points. I look up every so often from my computer and watch it...

The NXT show was something that I looked up at more often then not... However I glanced up during the Banks match and something about it just entertained me... I remember noting to Fnord during the match that it was very entertaining, and after it ended I mentioned many times over during Summer Slam that I was impressed with the match...

So much that Fnord started making fun of me for liking the match so much...

I mean I am not a huge wrestling fan like most others but for some reason I have found that this match with Bayley and Banks to be my favorite women's match in recent memory. But this is of course IMO!

Rob

Fnord will attest to Midas not lifting his head during most other activities
SixersEagles

[/center]

Duckman

He better not if he knows what's good for him!
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.