News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

YouShoot: Dixie Carter

Started by Conor, August 05, 2010, 07:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conor

I figured this might be of interest to many of you. Kayfabe Commentaries do some really good DVDs and their YouShoot series features veteran wrestlers answering no holds barred questions from fans and other people in the business.

Well, they scored a hell of a coup when they got Dixie Carter to appear on their first ever live YouShoot show, and now it's available on DVD.

http://www.kayfabecommentaries.com/DVD_YL_Dixie.html

Here's the latest trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9O5byQ9DxQ&feature=player_embedded

It looks really intriguing, though I do wonder if she was 100% honest or managed to sweet talk her way out of the tougher questions. I'm a bit confused by her apparent comment that Pay-Per-View is a dying model (maybe she just meant for wrestling; UFC seems to do OK for itself) but am interested in hearing more about these talks with Goldberg. What do you guys think about this? Was it a smart move on her part? Do you think it will give those of us who debate TNA's positive and negative qualities a better insight into how the company is run?

Russ

... I thought this was an opportunity to take a gun to her. Bollocks.
Boss of the Experts, Hero of the TFWF and SCW, all-round giant bag of awesomness.

Rob

I think it will fuck with the foundations of TNA.

Bad move Dixie.

Then again, she employed Vince Russo, so it's not like she's all of a sudden started doing something wrong. I believe it all started January 4th?
SixersEagles

[/center]

Black Death

DAMN

thought I could actually shoot her when I saw the title .    ;D

other then that .  I do not see a benfit to her for doing this really.   You head the company , fuck what other people think . you don't need to tell any of the fans shit .  but now you leave yourself open to more shit.

maybe trying to get a more postive spin on TNA ... 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Hondo

So it looks like the Honky Tonk Man is accusing Kayfabe Commentaries of letting Dixie "cherry pick" the questions before they were asked.

From pwinsider.com

QuoteBy Mike Johnson on 2010-08-05 12:04:36 The Honkytonk Man issued a statement yesterday denouncing the Kayfabe Commentaries Youshoot Live DVD release with TNA President Dixie Carter, claiming that Carter had the questions pre-screened and "cherry picked" what she wanted to answer.
In response to the statement, which was emailed out by Honkytonk Man's webmaster and posted on his website, Kayfabe Commentaries' Sean Oliver issued the following response:

HTM Fans,

I've contacted Wayne directly and left him a lengthy voicemail detailing why this statement regarding YouShoot LIVE: Dixie Carter is absolutely untrue. All questions were selected by Kayfabe Commentaries and Legends of the Ring. While talent is sometimes made aware of content beforehand (as is customary for ALL interviews, from Larry King Live to The View), we went to tireless efforts to retain the integrity of the show, and allowed ABSOLUTELY NO EDITING OR SELECTION of questions beforehand. When you see the show, it'll be very obvious that TNA did not have ANY AUTHORITY in the selection or planning of material.

Now, whether an attempt was MADE by TNA to do that is another matter. But rest assured that our contract with TNA for this program was ironclad, and allowed no creative decisions as to the content of the program to anyone other than the producers. I spent a few very contentious conference calls to Nashville keeping the integrity of this show intact.

I have offered to furnish that as well as other substantiation that I cannot post publicly to HTM for him to confidently craft his retraction of this misinformation. I do hope that more care goes into that, than went into the decision to report hearsay without confirmation from Kayfabe Commentaries LLC or Legends of the Ring. Wayne and KC are on good enough terms that such a phone call or email would have been welcomed by myself.

I stand by this product and affirm that TNA had absolutely no creative/editing decisions of this interview. That is the truth. Thanks.

Sean Oliver
Kayfabe Commentaries LLC

You can order the Youshoot Live DVD and decide for yourself at www.KayfabeCommentaries.com.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Conor

The Honky Tonk Man making accusations without verification or evidence? Say it ain't so!

Duckman

Good God HTM is such a twat. 

I was thinking about buying this as I've got most of the other Youshoot and Guest Booker DVDs but I don't really care about Dixie's views on wrestling or the wrestling business to be honest.  I think she's been worked like a proper mark so much in recent years any interest I had in her opinion had died off.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.