News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Balmoral Chicken.

Started by Duckman, September 14, 2008, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Judge wanted a haggis recipe, well this is one I make on special occasions as it's a bit of a bitch to do, but the results are amazing!

First off take a chicken breast and in between some clingfilm whack it with a rolling pin to flatten it out.  You want it to be about half an inch thick.

Once you've done this, place the chicken on a chopping board, season with salt and pepper and then place a tablespoon or two of good haggis in the middle.  Roll the chicken up into a tube, with the haggis in the middle.  Once you've done this, wrap two rashers of bacon around the chicken and one around either end to seal it.

Place this is a baking tray and cook in at about 180/200 degrees for about 20-25 minutes depending on how thick the chicken is.

While this is cooking chop a couple of shallots and lightly fry them in a pan with some oil and a table spoon of whole grain mustard.  Stir this around until the onions are soft.

Then add a carton of single cream and continue to stir.  Now, here's the cool part.

Add two shots of Jack Daniels bourbon to the sauce and then quickly touch a lit match to it.  This will cause the alcohol to ignite and flambe as they say in the trade.  Don't worry, the booze burns off quickly.

Keep string the sauce and tasting to make sure the seasoning is right and it isn't too strong with the bourbon flavour.  The longer you cook, the less booze you'll taste, but you do want some whiskey flavour in there.

Once the sauce is done, pour it over the cooked chicken and serve with a baked potato and some cooked green beans.

This is a pretty rich dish with the cream based sauce, so it's not something you want to have every week!

There you go, chicken stuffed with haggis and served with a whiskey and cream sauce, otherwise known as Balmoral Chicken!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Judge

How do you make haggis though?

Duckman

You don't, not unless you have the liver, kidney, heart and stomach of a sheep handy.  Plus some oats to bind it all together!

You buy it in the shops ready made.

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Rebel Child

And a small note.

Remember American ovens are different from English oven sdue to their uh units.

Rae

the chicken sounds good, but haggis scares me  :-\

Duckman

Trust me, it tastes amazing.

If you don't want to use haggis, can stuff the chicken with something else like say some kind of herb seasoned sausage meat maybe. 

Or you can do my other variation which is put cranberry sauce and stilton cheese into the chicken, wrap with bacon and cook the same.  You just don't have the cream sauce with this version!

Peace

Duckman

Rae

Can you just come cook for me? lol

Duckman

Well I've not even listed my salmon and broccoli pasta bake or my awesome meatballs and pasta.

Plus I do a mean chilli.

I'll list those later in the week.  Then you can make me an offer to come and cook for you guys!

All of this is thanks to my Dad who is a great cook and taught me how to look after myself before I left home.  I used to cook for everyone in college all the time!

Peace

Duckman

Rebel Child

Parents are awesome for cooking honestly.

Hey Sambo, why not make a column out of it, maybe tell a story to go along with it, I think that'd be rather awesome.

I think I'm going to try and find the conversion chart for English ovens vs. American ovens so that should help :)