Dave Batista to have asthma attack during first MMA fight.

Started by Duckman, July 13, 2012, 10:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

Well come on, you guys must've seen him getting blown up doing his entrance in WWE?  The used to end up hacking and coughing his guts up at the bottom of the ramp all the time.

Anyway, he's having his first MMA fight...at the age of 43...after suffering multiple torn muscle injuries during his MMA career...and being a big roided up freak for all of that time.

MMA Fighting.com reports:

"Bautista will meet Rashid Evans (not to be confused with UFC light heavyweight Rashad Evans) at CES MMA on Oct. 6 in Providence, R.I. The report states that the fight will be televised, but no broadcast outlet has been finalized just yet."

I have no doubt this is going to be much more Lashley than Lesnar but what do you guys think?  Do you even care about Big Dave being in MMA now?

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

Id watch it....seems hes taking it serious, by owning his own Gracie gym and training every day, but agree with him being more a Lashley than Lesnar.

HOWEVER, I did see a video yesterday of him and hes much more MMA-build then wrestling....looks to be the steroid drop didnt brutally affect his physique.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

brkendown

Agree with Cory here, Batista seems to be far more serious about his training and what not. I suspect he is a little too old though to be trying to break into the sport. He's no Herschel Walker, but we will see what happens. I'd be interested in seeing this fight.

And as far as him being a Lashley more than a Lesnar, mabye he can break away from the stereotype and be himself. Lashley has so much potential but is too big (muscular) and I think Lesnar could have been far more dominate had he not gotten the bizarre illness. But that's two whole different discussions.

I think he'll do alright.

Cory

Wouldn't be surprised to seee him in Bellator before too long.

brkendown

Well, you know what will happen if he goes to Bellator.

Everyone will be screaming, OMGZZZZZ BATISTA IS GOING TO TNAAAAA.

Because of course Spike would be like, let's sign this dude to TNA and Bellator like we did King Mo.

Speaking of which, when does Bellator start airing on Spike, is it 2013?

Cory