News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Munchak says Titans would be interested in a healthy Owens

Started by Fnord, October 19, 2011, 09:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fnord

Terrell Owens might have an NFL suitor after all.

Tennessee Titans coach Mike Munchak said Tuesday that his team would probably consider signing the free agent wide receiver if Owens is healthy enough to pass a physical.

"That’s something that at some point when (Owens’) health is better and he can pass a physical -- people thought the midpoint of the season, maybe -- he might be a guy that may be able to work out to prove where he’s at," Munchak said on his radio show Tuesday, according to the Tennessean. "So of course us, or whoever else, is going to take a look, just like we have with other free agents, to see what kind of shape he’s in.

"A lot is going to depend for us on how we are producing at that position three weeks or two weeks from now," Munchak said. "All those things will factor into it. But I’m sure whenever you’ve got a player that has his capabilities, everyone’s going to know exactly where he’s at. If he has a way of helping our team win, then for sure you’re going to take a look at him."

The Titans have been desperate for help at the receiver position since losing star playmaker Kenny Britt for the season with torn knee ligaments in Week 3.

The 37-year-old Owens is recovering from his own knee problems. He had surgery in April to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament, but recently said he expected to be ready to play soon.

Owens, who played college football at Tennessee-Chattanooga, had 983 receiving yards and nine touchdowns for the Cincinnati Bengals last season.

source: NFL.com

I'm a Titans fan first.  I'm not sure how I feel about this one... but I love T.0.!  lol

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Hondo

Fnord, ol bean. Take it straight from a Cincy fan on this one.

Before Owens, in 2009, the Bengals made the playoffs.

In 2010, with Owens and no major departures, they went 4-12 and made the draft lottery.

The dude is talented, yes. But he's a cancer. The worst kind of cancer at that. He's like, penile cancer or something. If he goes to your team, lock yourself in your bathroom and openly weep.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I was talking to a couple of dudes in Atlanta when he was doing his 2pm showcase the other day and one guy summed it up best for me. When was Owens last relevant. I followed up with announcing next week I will be holding an open showcase of my NFL talents...

that little gem got me a few beers!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'