News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Varga Travel Blog: Denver Broncos/New England Patriots Game Report

Started by GM Franchise, December 21, 2011, 08:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

As some of you may know, I went to the Denver Broncos/New England Patriots game this past weekend. Now I walked there about an hour and a half before the game after eating some Subway. Took awhile to get there but once my friend Adam and I got close the traffic was horrendous. It was total chaos for the people trying to get into the parking lot in their vehicles. It got even worse once we arrived. The parking lot had all sorts of things going on. There were tail gate parties EVERYWHERE. And they were for both teams, not just the Broncos. A lot of Patriots fans were there as well. Getting into the stadium was just as bad. There was a sea of people AT EVERY ENTRANCE. It was nuts! It reminded me of Black Friday at Walmart. However, that said, it went very smoothly and quickly which was a surprise considering how many people were there. Finding our seats was easy. However a word to the wise, the Broncos gear sold at the stadium was WAY overpriced. Get it from a sports shop or something. You’ll save money. But on the other hand the food prices and drink prices weren’t bad so that made up for it.

Game started off with a really good national anthem and the crowd going wild during the Broncos introductions. It was like a college bowl game atmosphere. The crowd was really loud at the start and kept it up most of the game. Broncos started off hot. They scored first which shocked me. This is a fourth quarter team, not a first quarter team that starts off hot but I’ll get into that later. Tebowmania was running wild at the start and the crowd loved it…well at least the Broncos fans did. I was sitting at the 10 yard line so I go to see A LOT of action in this game. The Pats to their credit came back and scored. However the place went nuts again when the Broncos scored again. And then they got a field goal to get a 16-7 lead early and the crowd loved it.

That said, it all went downhill from there. The Patriots scored two touchdowns and two field goals the rest of the second quarter and the Broncos had three fumbles that led to a lot of that. Then came halftime and the awesomeness that was monkeys riding on dogs and herding little sheep. Yeah, that was awesome. Second half was more of the same. Patriots stayed in control during the third quarter and Danny Woodhead scored another touchdown. Then came the fourth quarter and that Tebow magic started up again. I don’t know how to explain it. This guy goes to another planet in the fourth quarter. The crowd was wild again and everyone thought it would start all over again with the Broncos Comeback. However the Patriots had other ideas and moved the ball down the field for another touchdown. After that the Patriots did enough to keep them from scoring but Belichick for some reason decided not to up the points and they lost the ball on downs after going for it on fourth down. Tebow tried to lead them down the field late but didn’t do much. Brady kneeled it down and the game was over.

Overall it was a fun experience. The crowd wasn’t too rowdy and the only douchey people were the two idiots dressed like an elf and Santa in front of us who WOULD NOT SIT DOWN for about 75% of the game. Other than that and the guy in the Tebow jersey kicking at a port of potty and yelling. I think the person cut in line but other that the crowd was pretty good. There were over 75,000 people there but for some reason 500 people didn’t show up. Yeah, I don’t believe it either. Overall game was good despite the lack of a Tebow Comeback. The three fumbles were the difference. The punt muff fumble was the worst of the three in my opinion. That changed the entire complexion of the game and basically gave New England control the rest of the game. Tebow wasn’t the reason this team lost. The defense didn’t play up to their level and a lot of it has to do with being on the field too much as well as being behind because of the fumbles. The mental lapses killed Denver. Tom Brady was a BEAST. This guy is going to the Super Bowl this year judging by what I saw. He was like a surgeon on the field slicing through the defense like it was nothing. Patriots overall were the better team but Denver played them pretty well minus the fumbles. If it wasn’t for that I think the game would’ve stayed close and possibly gone to OT. Good game overall.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible