News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

2013 EFK NFL Mock Drafts

Started by Hondo, April 22, 2013, 02:56:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hondo

Since I got nothing better to do today, I'm going to post my own first round mock draft. I say we have a sort of gentlemanly wager, see who can get the closest to the actual first round final picks.

This is all assuming no trade and all that. It'd be near impossible to do one factoring them in.

Anyways...

1. Chiefs - Luke Joekel, LT, Texas A&M
Seems to be the way the pick is going, what with the Branden Albert situation unfolding the way it is.

2. Jags – Eric Fischer, LT, Central Michigan
Jacksonville needs so much help, they should pick the best player available, either Fischer or Sharrif Floyd. OT seems to be slightly more of a need than DT, so slot Fischer here for now.

3. Raiders – Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida
Would fill Richard Seymour's role nicely.

4. Eagles – Dion Jordan, DE/LB, Oregon
Kinda makes sense for Chip Kelly to grab up one of his old players.

5. Lions – Ezekiel Ansah, DE/LB, BYU
A replacement for Cliff Avril.

6. Browns – Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
Would have been #1 overall were it not for his heart condition. A natural nose tackle for the Browns' new 3-4 defense.

7. Cardinals – Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
The top ten is usually too high for a guard to go, but he fills a need and is probably the best player available at #7.

8.  Bills – Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
I woulda said Geno Smith here a week ago, but the rumor is the Bills aren't so enamored with him anymore. My bet is they trade this pick into the late first round to pick up Ryan Nassib. Some mocks are mocking him at #8, and that would be a huge mistake. If they do trade, it's for someone to pick up either Austin or Dee Millner.

9. Jets – Barkevious Mingo, DE/LB, LSU
With the Jets trading away Darelle Revis, many people are mocking Dee Millner here. I think that would be a mistake. Teams can win without a shutdown corner, the Pats have proved that for years. They should look to the pass rush here and take Mingo.

10. Titans – Dee Millner, CB, Alabama
The Titans are said to be enamored by Millner and would snap him up in a second. If he's available here, they take him.

11. Chargers – Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma
The Chargers need a left tackle badly to protect Philip Rivers.

12. Dolphins – Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
Might be a little early for Eifert, but Joe Philbin has the makings of an offensive juggernaut on his hands in Miami. Eifert would be another big weapon for the Fins.

13. Jets – Jonathan Cooper, G/C, UNC
I'm sure a lot of fans would like to get Millner or Xavier Rhodes to replace Revis, but the Jets have way too many weaknesses to address. Cooper's versatility could stabilize the Jet's weak front line.

14. Panthers – Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
The rumor is that the front office loves Richardson, and will take him if available.

15. Saints – Xavier Rhodes, CB Florida St.
Rhodes could be a good compliment to Keenan Lewis for years to come.

16. Rams – Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
It's been reported that the Rams are looking for strongside linebacker options. Ogletree would probably be the best fit.

17. Pittsburgh – Jarvis Jones, DE/LB, Georgia
Two reasons. 1) They need an insurance policy if Jason Worlids doesn't work out as the replacement for James Harrison. 2) The Steelers have a history of taking chances on guys whose draft stock has fallen.

18. Cowboys – Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
The Cowboys have needed a safety for years, and one of the best prospects in a while has just fallen in their laps. I'd be willing to bet that Jerry Jones and the Boys end up being the team that trades with Buffalo for #8 and Ryan Nassib gets drafted here. If not, they take Vaccaro without hesitation.

19. Giants – Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida St.
The Giants like to take the best player available, and they'll do so here with Werner.

20. Bears – DJ Fluker, T, Alabama
You'd think they'd go for a replacement for Brian Urlacher, but the only guy really available at #20 is Manti Te'o. (Insert LOL here). That's not happening. So it really comes down to tackle (Fluker) or a #2 receiver. (which would be either Cordarrelle Patterson, DeAndre Hopkins or Justin Hunter.) My bet would be on Fluker.

21. Bengals – Eric Reid, S, LSU
Cincy's biggest needs are LB, S, RT and RB. They like Bama RB Eddie Lacy, but he's not a first rounder. And they don't like Te'o, from what I've read (again, LOL). There are many capable right tackles available for Cincy at #37. So it comes down to either Reid or Florida's Matt Elam. If Vaccaro is available here, he's the pick.

22. Rams – DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
Cordarrelle Patterson has been considered the second-best wideout option in the draft, but rumor is that the Rams LOVED Hopkins' private workouts and would likely take him over Patterson.

23. Vikings – Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
The Vikes need a replacement for Percy Harvin, and Patterson is the best available option.

24. Colts – Datone Jones, DE/DT, UCLA
Indy will probably look to draft Dwight Freeney's replacement. Jones is the best option available.

25. Vikings – Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame
As crazy as it may seem that anyone would, the Vikings are said to be the only team giving Te'o a first round look. And with two first round picks, they can afford to gamble on him. They also have a ton of Notre Dame alums on their roster (five, according to NFL.com) that could help foster him and his all-around weirdness.

26. Packers – Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise St.
The Packers can afford to take the best player available. Taylor's been on a few teams' radars of late, not to mention he could be the replacement for Charles Woodson.

27. Texans, Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
The Texans have never had a legit #2 receiver. Not to mention they'll eventually need a replacement for Andre Johnson, who probably only has a few seasons left.

28. Broncos – Tank Carradine, DE, Florida St.
They wouldn't have to have made this pick had they not fumbled the whole Elvis Dumervil situation.

29. Patriots – Menelik Watson, T, Florida St.
You would think the Pats would take a secondary player here, but Belichick never seems to take secondary players in the first round. Desmond Trufant, Matt Elam and Jonathan Cyprien are all available here, but won't be taken by New England. My guess is the Pats trade out here for someone who wants Trufant or Elam, as they can probably get Watson a few picks later.

30. Falcons – Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
Atlanta lost two of its best corners in the offseason, it's only natural they take one of the best players available to fill the gap.

31. 49ers – Jonathan Cyprien, S, FIU
A lot of people think this pick will be traded up to get Justin Smith's eventual successor. (Barkevious Mingo? Jarvis Jones?). If they keep it, they'll probably take a player to replace the departed Dashon Goldson.

32. Ravens – Matt Elam, S, Florida
Rumor is that Ozzie Newsome considers Elam a "sure thing", and will take him if available.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

I have made a video for each pick, set to upload all 32 on Thursday (to try and capitalize on hits)....ill link them here.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE