News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NFL Debate #26: What team has the best roster ON PAPER in the NFL?

Started by Cory, August 08, 2013, 01:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

Looking at each teams depth chart, giving the edge will decide whos the strongest.

QB: Broncos (Peyton Manning) - Better than Schaub, Kaepernick and Wilson easily.

RB: Texans (Arian Foster, FB: Greg Jones) - Lynch is the only close one.

WR: Broncos (Thomas, Welker, Decker) - Niners are weak at WR, Texans have Andre/Hopkins and Seahawks are weaker without Harvin.

TE: Niners (Davis) - Daniels from Houston isnt bad, but Seahawks weak here, Broncos too.

O-Line: Niners (Snyder, Iupati, Staley, Goodwin, Davis) - Close, all teams have elite o-lines, but Niners have the strongest.

DT: Niners (Smith, McDonald) - Justin Smith for the niners is head and shoulders better than any another of the mentioned teams defensive tackles.

DE: Texans (Watt, Smith) - Again, easily the Texans here, Watt is the best in the league.

OLB: Broncos (Woodyard, Miller) - Two is better than one. Woodyard and Miller combined is better than just Aldon Smith of the Niners, Reed/Mercilus of Texans & Seahawks are weak here.

MLB: Niners (Willis, Bowman) - The most powerful MLB combo maybe in league history when all is said and done.

DB: Seahawks (Browner, Sherman) - Another easy here, Browner and Sherman are maybe the best DB partnership in the league. Broncos have Champ and DRC, but DRC proved in Philly he's garbage, Texans come second with Jospeh/Jackson.

Safety: Seahawks (Chancellor, Thomas) - Another easy one. Seahawks have the most dominate secondary in all of football, hell wouldnt be surprised of all 4 made the pro bowl next year. Texans come second with Reed & Manning.

Special Teams: Broncos (Prater, Colquitt, Holliday) - Tough. Texans have the best punter in the league of the last decade in Lechler, Niners have probably the second in Andy Lee. But with Prater being one of the leagues best kickers, Colquitt always finishing in the top 10 punting, and Holliday winning games with kick returns for TD's, Broncos get the special teams push here.

Verdict: Going with Denver, which will make it so much sweeter when they choke in the playoffs this year.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Went with the Niners. They went to the Super Bowl and got better in my opinion.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Hondo

Man, I know I'm a homer, but you couldn't have added Cincy to that list?

This is, without lie, the best on-paper roster I've seen since the 1988 Super Bowl season.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty