ANDY GRAY HAS BEEN SACKED FROM SKY SPORTS!

Started by Ian "Wolfie" Trumps, January 25, 2011, 12:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

The other major point I forgot to mention last night is Andy Gray is currently suing The News of the World for hacking into his voice mail.  TNOTW is of course owned by Murdoch, who also owns The Sun (who have gone fucking NUTS over this) and also owns Sky?

Perhaps Mr Gray was a dead man walking thanks to basically suing his own boss?  Seems to me it's very convenient that all these recordings/videos are 'leaked' to the press just at the same time he takes News International to Court.

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Dorling

The whole thing seems to suggest that Gray was not very well liked at Sky. I always thought he seemed arrogant, and if what was leaked to the press was the tip of the iceberg then perhaps his colleagues were happy to see him go. Not many have jumped to his defence (obviously current sky employees are unlikely to, but I haven't read anything good about him since it happened).

I certainly won't miss him, I found his comments often to be drab and cliched, and there was a bit of a love in going on with him and Tyler every week. I actually prefer listening to five live a lot of the time.

beagrie

I think the whole situation with Andy Gray is subjective; it could be argued to be right, wrong, harsh, etc, each with convincing arguments, but the real story for me was to do with the sideline announcer guy.

I can't remember his name, but the guy they have down at the side of the pitch with a microphone, who tries to interview the managers at half time, was suspended after video footage of a conversation with Andy Gray before the game.

In that conversation he said something like "I've heard she's a bit of a looker," according to some camera man, referring to the same lineswoman.

Regardless of whether or not Andy Gray asking his hot, female co-host to tuck in his shirt is sackable sexual harassment, stating that a woman is "a bit of a looker," is hardly borderline deviancy!

On a side note, Andy Gray is at the tale end of his career and, in all likeliness, will get more work if he wants it. The lineswoman (I forget her name... I forget a lot of names) has since been pulled out of reffing duty (referee, not lineswoman) twice since this whole fiasco, because the FA don't want her in the spotlight right now, and she's done absolutely nothing wrong. Our country is f*cked in the head.

Jerry McClean

Quote from: Duckman on January 25, 2011, 04:29:59 PM
Some FB Andy Grey related jokes:

1 in 3 iPhone users has Angry Birds on their phone. Andy Gray does too, despite not owning an iPhone.

The female linesman Sian Massey was reportedly very upset before the Wolves v Liverpool game. Not because of Andy Gray's comments, but because the referee and other linesman were wearing the same outfit as her.

Peace

Duckman

Another: Sian Massey is the new face for a well known mens hair-dye company. Just one use and the Gray is gone