News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Best players to never play in a world cup.

Started by Insomnia, August 06, 2011, 12:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insomnia

Well, let's face it. There have been some amazing ones who have deserved it so much and not got the chance to play in the tournament you seem to have to to even stand a chance of being remembered as the greatest. George Best, Weah (2 time world player of the year), Ryan Giggs, Di Stefano, Duncan Edwards, Cantona, Litmanen, Johnny Giles, Terry McDermott, Mark Hughes, Andrei Kanchelskis, Hyypia, Ginola, Southall, Le Tissier, Mazzola, Abedi Pele, Bernd Schuster & Ian Rush all never got the chance to show what they can do on the biggest stage of them all where as Darren Anderton, Winston Bogarde and Phil Neville did. ..But who is your favourite?? Who would you have really liked to see?

My choice despite being a Liverpool fan is none of the above Finns or Welshman mentioned, and it's not even Le Tissier. My choice? Is Mágico Gonzalez. Of Salvador and Cadíz. If he wasn't -such- a partier and from a stronger nation I think he'd still be remembered today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMemVOhSLRw&fmt=18

Good mates with Maradona too. I was lucky to be shown VHS tapes of quite a few of his full games and speak to people who used to idolise him.

Anymore decent shouts I've missed?

Drama Queen

Insomnia

Flins.

I think you've listed most. Eidur Gudjohnson? Career has gone down hill, but in his prime he was pretty immense. Kazuyoshi Miura is a name that came up when I looked at a few googled results, can't say I've ever heard of him, will have a gander on youtube, though that's not exactly the greatest parameter.

Steve Bruce & Paulo Di Canio are two others that came up who would be worthy such a list. If you are going to Hyppia there, the Bruce is definately there :p

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]

Flins.

jamiehwahmfc

Robbie Neilson!!

Or being more serious... did Pavel Nedved ever play in the world cup? I know he played in the Euros.

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Insomnia

Quote from: jamieCRWhmfc on August 25, 2011, 06:56:54 PMOr being more serious... did Pavel Nedved ever play in the world cup? I know he played in the Euros.

Nedved x Buffon