News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Ballon D'Or 2012

Started by Cory, February 05, 2012, 01:38:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

But what Im saying is with the Euros coming.....if RVP continues his form of seemingly scoring twice a game every game he can beat Messi for the award....as a matter of a fact if RVP gets 30+ in the PREM and wins the golden boot at Euros he deserves it more than Messi.

Messi is at a disadvantage, but surly a guy who could potentially (lets see how he finishes the season) could set the Premier League record in goals (most prestigious league in the world....easily the most difficult to score in) and realistically with the form hes in walks away with the Golden Boot in Euros and maybe a trophy (if they dont choke) will win over Messi who always played phenomenally in a high offensive low defense league.

Theres a lot of "potentiallys", but if anyones going to top Messi, RVP has the best shot and opportunity to this year.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Arsenal don't win...

end of discussion.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Rob

No, Ronaldo has the best shot this year. His team are top of the table.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

So for your English blokes.....if the man who beats Shearers record.....really means nothing in the world of football?

Rob

Didn't say it meant nothing but the guy doesn't deserve to win the Player of the Year award? Did Shearer win it when there were better players at other leagues? No. Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi, statistically, are better players than RVP, sorry mate but that's just how it is.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on March 06, 2012, 11:33:49 AM
So for your English blokes.....if the man who beats Shearers record.....really means nothing in the world of football?

His club doesn't win anything...

Cory

Quote from: Trumpers on March 06, 2012, 12:51:02 PM
His club doesn't win anything...

.....how does a team revolve around player of the year award? RVP sure doesnt have NEARLY as many weapons as Real or Barca and plays in a far more defensive league.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious that Arsenals blows chunks....your medal is in the mail.

Rob

Quote from: Cory on March 06, 2012, 01:59:50 PM
.....how does a team revolve around player of the year award? RVP sure doesnt have NEARLY as many weapons as Real or Barca and plays in a far more defensive league.

Thank you for pointing out the obvious that Arsenals blows chunks....your medal is in the mail.

That's one more medal than any Arsenal player has got for the last 7 years and next 5
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: Cory on March 06, 2012, 01:59:50 PM

First off stop being a smart ass. The point is obvious. He hasn't been able to lead his team to any type of winning season or trophy. Messi on the otherhand completely different story.

Take your head out your backside, bloke doesn't deserve to even be in the running for this. You don't see teams in any American sports winning awards for great stats and not actually winning...

NFL MVPS LAST DECADE:

QuoteMarshall Faulk
Marshall Faulk
Rich Gannon
Peyton Manning
Peyton Manning
Shawn Alexander
LaDalian Tomlison
Brady
Manning
Manning
Brady
Rogers

NBA MVP Last Decade...

Iversen
Duncan
Duncan
Garnett
Nash
Nash
Dirk
Bryant
James
James
Rose

Great stats...teams have had success.

Arsenal haven't won a trophy since what...2005.

Jerry McClean

I also expect RVP to get injured. He's just passed his record number of matches for a season. He has to be due an injury >_>

And yes. I would say it'll be Ronaldo or Messi again this year. RVP shouldn't be TOO far behind but won't win it.

Rob

Yes I've been wondering what will happen to Arsenal if/when RVP gets injured. They played so well tonight but most of it would have been impossible without him. Just like all their wins this season would've been impossible without him.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Adam Wrong

Trouble with Messi is in La Liga he'a brilliant but compare his La Liga form to his World Cup form? Have somebody mark him off the park and he's invisible. same as CR7. I'd look towards RVP personally this season rather than Messi.

Rob

Yeah that Messi bloke is shit he definitely shouldn't win the Ballon D'or.

Fella could probably of beaten AC Milan by myself
SixersEagles

[/center]

FXBlade

Quote from: Rob on March 07, 2012, 04:39:55 PM
Yeah that Messi bloke is shit he definitely shouldn't win the Ballon D'or.

I agree.  He was wank against Leverkusen.  8)

Adam Wrong

Before you all join Adrien Chiles on the Messi dick polishing... This was Leverkusen... They pointed out the points difference in La Liga. It's all well and good but without the supply, where would he be