News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Little Bit Proud of Myself

Started by Adam Wrong, May 28, 2012, 08:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Wrong

So for the past 6 months, I have been organising a 5 a side football tournament for the hospital where I work. Last year we had an inaugral mini version which was well received and had a turn out of about 8-10 teams. Junior Doctors A won that one.

Well this time, started to organise it in advance and word of mouth got around and we have 18 teams taking part. They are representing all walks of the hospital. Doctors, Nurses (Lady nurse team and male nurse team!) Physios, Pharmacy, Finance, Management, Haematology, Cleaners, Porters, Microbiology and lots more are taking part this Saturday. Pitches are booked, last year's trophy is being polished and this year made the effort to get medals and have them engraved. The feedback and anticipation is pretty much all the hospital is talking about at the moment. I am regarded at the David Luiz by my the rest of pharmacy with me being post op, I am having a late fitness test to determine whether I can physically play or not without the risk of a hernia / rupture after my op. Fingers crossed otherwise I shall be Ron Manager.

I did the draw just now and the matches are bloody amazing and anticipation is building. If all goes well, I will be bloody proud of myself for putting this together with over 100 people taking part all told and its just the start.

During the summer, our local football team Colchester United have granted us permission to play a charity match on their pitch! They may be League 1 but the pitch and the stadium is brand new and will be awesome to play on it. We are doing a pharmacy vs doctors charity match raising money for the hospital. On that particular note I will keep you informed as I will be trying to see tickets to you all lol!

But yeah, a little football news as we wait for the Euros! I will try to keep you posted through the day.

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Black Death

great to hear...

have to ask ... are the lady nurses hot   lol
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Rob

I've never seen a hot lady nurse in this country... Let alone a hot lady football player...
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I'll chuck you a donation mate if you have a page.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Doug E Fresh

I know we were chatting about this the other day and I still just wanna chime in again and say this is very awesome.

Dorling

Let me know when the match at the Community Stadium is mate, that's something I'd quite like to come see!

FXBlade

Good luck with it mate, great to see you so positive about it.

Drama Queen

Well done man, and I hope you get to play. Organizing something like this is huge achievement and you deserve to do the actual fun part of it all when it happens.

Adam Wrong

Yesterday was a looong day. But very, very rewarding. I was fit enough to play but having to ref matches, organise teams and permutate each and every thing as well as playing dad to 100+ players and 100+ people coming to watch, I managed to play for a grand total of 15 ish minutes but man what a day.

Got a lot of gratitude from 90% of people. There were definitely a couple of sore losers but all in all a very productive day and I am still knackered.

Both Pharmacy teams got knocked out in the group stages. The team I was on drew the first, lost the second, got raped by eventual finalists Haematology and then the match I actually played in, we won 5-1! Finished 3rd in our group just shy of progressing. The B team was 1 point shy of progressing.

The Polish cleaners emerged victorious and fuck me they were immense. They destroyed Haematology in the final after a breathtaking semi final against Physios which went to extra time. A ball threaded through to their striker who I am pretty sure was in Rocky IV led to the striker spinning on the spot and back-heeling the ball into the net....

Refereeing was the worst part as I prefer a physical game. I let some tackles go that they didn't like.

I am getting some photos emails to me so I will put them on here.

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Flins.

This is heroic, I have difficulty organising a couple of friends to play a game, so I have no idea how difficult it must've been to arrange something on this sort of scale. I wanna see the big Polish dudes goal, sounds like the type of goal you'd only find on a 5-a-side pitch.

Jerry McClean

Big props to you buddy. I've organised 5 a side tournaments in the past and they are a right fucking pain. And the ones I've dealt with were about half the size and lacked spectators! Can only imagine the headache you had to deal with!