News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

EPL 14/15 Thoughts and Opinons

Started by Rob, July 31, 2014, 02:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

So I figure rather than cluttering up prediction threads and transfer threads we could talk in here about our thoughts and opinions for the upccoming season.

Straight away I'm looking at Kirk's prediction of Villa going down rock bottom and thinking that's not a bad shout, they have declined rapidly each season for a few years now. Are they a team that just refuses to spend now or hasn't got the funds to keep up? Either way they've got a very thin squad.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Kirk

Randy Lerner has clearly had enough and is refusing to invest any more money in a project he's lost all interest in. If they don't find a buyer (which they won't unless he makes them more attractive) then they are in big trouble. Their players are just not good enough.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Kirk

A lot of predictions saying that Forest will go up. I've been backing Forest for for promotion for so long that I've come to the conclusion that they are cursed and it's never going to happen.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Cory

Benteke could carry them thought, hes a unreal player

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Rob

SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

We've signed Hangeland on a free. MDK, is he still a good player?
SixersEagles

[/center]

Adam Wrong

I posted in the transfer thread before seeing this. Brede lost most of his ability after his back surgery a couple of years ago. Genuinely don't think he'll add to your back four as he's looked scared of the ball in recent games. He left on bad terms in a bid to get away... Palace might get something out of him and if you do, you'll be fine. Who else do you have at cb?

Rob

Quote from: M.D.K. on August 02, 2014, 01:47:16 PM
I posted in the transfer thread before seeing this. Brede lost most of his ability after his back surgery a couple of years ago. Genuinely don't think he'll add to your back four as he's looked scared of the ball in recent games. He left on bad terms in a bid to get away... Palace might get something out of him and if you do, you'll be fine. Who else do you have at cb?

We've got Scott Dann who was fantastic when he joined from Blackburn, Peter Ramage and Damien Delaney were our two who got us promoted and Delaney was fairly good last season, former club captain Paddy McCarthy but he's played 1 game in 2 years because of injury, not sure why we've still got him to be honest and youngster Ryan Inniss who isn't far from breaking into the first team
SixersEagles

[/center]

Flins.

Rob

Yeah he was released. He was only okay for us, getting on a bit
SixersEagles

[/center]

Kirk

The news about Zaha is annoying. I never really rated him (being good in the Championship does not mean you will be good in the Premier League. Just look at Ebanks-Blake at Wolves for a clear example of that) and thought he was hugely over priced when we bought him, but I think he would have been given more of a chance under Fergie. His time at Cardiff showed he wasn't good enough, though.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Rob

You're wrong Zaha is excellent, I'd take him back in a heartbeat. He has the potential to be better than Sterling, Wakcott and Chamberlain
SixersEagles

[/center]

Dorling

Quote from: Rob on August 03, 2014, 01:20:46 PM
You're wrong Zaha is excellent, I'd take him back in a heartbeat. He has the potential to be better than Sterling, Wakcott and Chamberlain

Disagree. They were better and more productive than he is at his age. He's ok but I can't see him ever being a world beater.

Rob

He would be if he hadn't wasted a season there. But there is still hope for me. If he comes back he might still reach that potential, he was far better than all three with his all round game. Two of those just knew his to run, this lad was running rings around Man United 3 years ago, albeit Snalling, Jones and Fabio
SixersEagles

[/center]

Kirk

Only time will tell, but running rings around Smalling, Jones and Fabio is not something that is exclusive to world-class players.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img