News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

EPL 14/15 Thoughts and Opinons

Started by Rob, July 31, 2014, 02:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

What was QPR's downfall last time?
SixersEagles

[/center]

Dorling

Quote from: Rob on August 06, 2014, 06:36:47 PM
What was QPR's downfall last time?

Hiring a bunch of overpaid mercenaries that failed to perform and obviously didn't care whether they went down or not.

A trap they so far seem to have avoided. Caulker and Mutch could be decent signings, Isla on loan from Juventus is a great signing - I always thought that he would go somewhere bigger if/when he left Juve - and Ferdinand will give good experience even if he doesn't have the pace anymore. Julio Cesar is back but I'm not sure he'll be happy playing second fiddle behind Robert Green. The only question mark is Remy - hasn't been able to find a move and not sure if he wants to be there.

Cory

Yeah, big fan of QPR's moves, just think they need to figure out the Remy situation. If he stays, they stay up IMO.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Rob

They could go one way or another... Personally I think they're spending a lot of money to add to a squad that's already got a lot of depth.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Kirk

Yes, they're spending a lot of money but they've got a lot of money. The guys they're bringing in are better than the ones they already have. Just look at how much they struggled to get promoted last season. That squad needed a few quality additions and I think Harry's done well to bring them in (while resisting Joe Cole).
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Flins.

Mutch and Caulker are strong signings and have shown a difference in approach this time around, they're both young players who performed well in a struggling team last season. They are exactly the players they need. Isla, I'm not so sure about, he's obviously a talented player but that doesn't always = performances. I'm surprised they aren't pushing on someone like Micah Richards, seems like a Redknapp signing if there ever were one.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

If Arsenal played like they did today they will be a good side this season (I went to Wembley on a corporate day). Alexis looks a handful and they look sorted at the back. If Giroud is fit then they have a great link striker for their midfielders.

However when its all said and done psychology wins and so does Man Utd.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Rob

Pulis has basically left Palace.

Annnnnnnnd we're relegated.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

So I understand it's to do with transfers. Basically, they got into an argument at training earlier today to do with Pulis not being happy about his transfer targets failing. Namely Caulker, Michu and Sigurdsson all of whom we had bids accepted. Parish called his bluff and gave him an ultimatum, Pulis took it and left. A press conference is called for 3pm tomorrow. Perhaps to do with Zaha re-joining the club and Pulis not keen on the move. All conjecture at this point.

Either way big mistake for both sides but I can't be mad at the owners for saving the club, even if it is absolutely ridiculous getting rid of Pulis like this.

Malky Mackay odds on favourite already to join with Tim Sherwood, Glenn Hoddle, David Moyes and Neil Lennon all being mentioned too by bookies.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Flins.

Mackay would do be a good shout. Crazy how quick that happened, but from what I know of his time at Stoke, he likes to be the man running the show and in control. Pulis has been working under that system for quite a while though, so to just up and walk away. Crazy.

FXBlade

Quote from: Rob on August 14, 2014, 02:46:52 PM

Didnt see that one coming! Shades of O'neill walking out in Villa 3 years ago 5 days before the season started here!

Adam Wrong

Cory

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

GM Franchise

Quote from: Rob on August 14, 2014, 02:46:52 PM

Because of what happened, I think your team needs someone with a dramatic flare...like this guy...

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Kirk

What are Ud playing at? The season kicks off today and Utd are going to be playing their youth team in defence. They've sold 4 defenders and bought 1 (unfit) one to replace them. The only 3 first team center backs in the team are all injury prone (as they are proving already) and not up to the required standard. Is this because LvG can't make up his mind about the squad or because Ed Woodward is a compltetly useless embarassment of a man? I was bullish about Utd's chances earlier in the summer, but they'll do well to finish 7th again with one of the worst defences in the league.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img