News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

EPL 14/15 Thoughts and Opinons

Started by Rob, July 31, 2014, 02:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Sorry Rob, your boys deserved a share of the spoils.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Rob

Not disappointed with that, you didn't play great. We defended well and played alright all things considered. I like our back 4 this season. A bit more discipline at set-pieces which we only conceded 1 of under Pulis and we'll be a good side. I do want a few more players in though.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

At least Ramsey for us is continuing to be a star. Arguably the best homegrown prem player playing right now.

Kirk

Why were Spurs playing a reserve team against West Ham? It totally screwed up my fantasy team.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

FXBlade

Quote from: Kirk on August 16, 2014, 09:33:41 PM
Why were Spurs playing a reserve team against West Ham? It totally screwed up my fantasy team.

Wouldn't have really said that was a reserve team

Kirk

Rose, Kaboul, Naughton, Capoue, Bentelab and Kane on as a sub instead of Davies, Vertonghen, Chiriches, Walker, Dembele, Paulinho and Soldado. It's not a full reserve team but it's one you'd expect to see in one of the cups rather than in the first game of the season. I don't remember seeing anything about anyone (other than Walker) being injured. I'd even expect Soldado to start ahead of the two center midfielders they played.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

FXBlade

Soldado never hit it off last year, not suited to the EPL.

Vertonghen I thought was still injured.

however, new manager, new eyes.  Rose and Kaboul I have always seen as starters.  Paulinho is the only one I was surprised at not even being on the bench.

And just to kick off the season... FUCK yeah!!!! Villa won!!!  I have never seen sky sports score center use 'defended superbly' when describing villa in the past few seasons!

Cory

Dier looked very good, dropepd Davies for him....very clinical finish from a center half too

Flins.

It is likely that the majority of them are not fully fit yet, half of them were at the world cup or suffered injuries at the back end of last season. They guys played were regular starters at the end of last season as well. And they won.

Interesting start to the season, looking forward to tomorrow night, can't help feeling pessimistic but I'm hoping for us to look competitive at least.

Cory

Chelsea are going to be incredibly difficult to beat this season....Fabregas's pass on that second Chelsea goal was unbelievable.

Rob

Chelsea were immense. I don't think Burnley will be able to avoid the drop which I'd quite like to be honest, even if they are competition with us.

As for us, looks like Malky Mackay is the new manager but Tim Sherwood still mentioned and Martin Jol scarily was mentioned. ESPN UK and Ladbrokes are confirming it's Mackay though. Speaking of which, BetFair are giving 25/1 odds on the next manager to leave their club being "The Next CPFC Manager"
SixersEagles

[/center]

Flins.

Tough night, from the elation of going ahead to the reality of the following twenty minutes or so. We just couldn't cope with them when they went to that next level. It will be interesting to see how we fare against more level competition. Of course, with Swansea and Manchester United as our next two games, we could already be lagging behind. Long season though and I'm not going to get downbeat about losing a decent game to Chelsea. Fabregas, Matic and Hazard... that is a midfield that is going to cause some problems this season!

Rob

Quote from: Flins. on August 19, 2014, 11:15:32 AM
Tough night, from the elation of going ahead to the reality of the following twenty minutes or so. We just couldn't cope with them when they went to that next level. It will be interesting to see how we fare against more level competition. Of course, with Swansea and Manchester United as our next two games, we could already be lagging behind. Long season though and I'm not going to get downbeat about losing a decent game to Chelsea. Fabregas, Matic and Hazard... that is a midfield that is going to cause some problems this season!

Better teams will lose by a lot more than that so don't be too down-heartened. Chelsea probably have the best attack in the division
SixersEagles

[/center]

Adam Wrong

Well... 4 defeats in a row and I hate this season already. I don't think Felix is the man. We need experience so he brings in a 19 year old from boca juniors....

Rob

I think I need to change my predictions
SixersEagles

[/center]