News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

EPL 14/15 Thoughts and Opinons

Started by Rob, July 31, 2014, 02:40:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk

Why do Spurs always try to attack the big teams? They will keep getting battered until they learn to play for the draw. They didn't play too badly, but they were asking for it by attacking Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and they do that every time. Chelsea don't even attack the other big teams and they're the best team in the league.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Rob

I don't know mate, they are weak defensively. They were even lucky against us because our potency up front is off the mark this season and Hugo Lloris is a fantastic keeper at times. I mean Fazio and Dier? Come on...
SixersEagles

[/center]

Cory

Quote from: Rob on December 09, 2014, 07:08:59 PM
I don't know mate, they are weak defensively. They were even lucky against us because our potency up front is off the mark this season and Hugo Lloris is a fantastic keeper at times. I mean Fazio and Dier? Come on...

Dier for the most part has been pretty good this season all things considered.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Kirk

As bad as their defence is (it is truly awful) it doesn't help that Pocettino seems to draw names out of a hat before each game instead picking a settled back four. I didn't rate him at Southampton and I think he's done a pretty poor job at Spurs so far. They've regressed so far since selling Bale that it'll take years and a complete overhaul before they will be challenging again.

On a separate note, are Utd trying to see just how badly they can play and still win a game?
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Rob

Just look at Southampton now after selling a load of brilliant players with Koeman, they've had a difficult few weeks and lost a few games but generally they're playing better football. I think if Lambert was partnering Pelle and they still had Lallana pulling the strings in attack with Lovren at the back, they'd be a lot stronger against better teams.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Dorling

I dunno, Lovren has been pretty poor since joining Liverpool. Alderweireld has proved to be a lot better.

Cory

Forster > Buric as well, and as seen v/s Man City....Morgan Schneiderlin is immense to any success they have. I hope Wenger makes a move in a feeble attempt to save his job in the eyes of the majority.

Kirk

Over the last two seasons, Utd have spent a ridiculous amount of money on some of the most expensive attacking players available and yet Van Gaal insists on playing them all out of position (or not at all) and hoofing it to the big man. If that sort of stone age football is his idea of tactics, I'm starting to think I'd rather have Tim Sherwood*. Van Gaal would get more out of the players if he just played them in their proper positions and told the to "fackin' run around a bit."

*Obviously I don't want Tim Sherwood, but at least he wouldn't shackle the team the way they're being now.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Jennifer

As a spurs fan, whenever the hype train gets rolling I get an eerie sense of deja vu...

We've looked more committed lately but that needs to translate into consistency. Poch has got people on the same page it seems like, but he's gonna need time to stamp his mark on the team.

Kind of crazy that of all the money we spent a couple years ago, three or four of our current best performers are guys from our academy.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Kirk

I wasn't impressed with Poch at all in the first half of the season, but it seems his methods just take a while to produce results. Spurs are looking good now, but they're still Spurs so I'd expect a collapse at some point before the end of the season. It would be good to see them finally finish ahead of Arsenal, though.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Jennifer

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Cory

Kane is on fire [/zing], thats what changed.

Flins.

Jennifer

Man, the Prem table must make for some pretty damn satisfying reading to Alan Pardew right now...

Rob

It does but we've lost 2 games in a row which we could've won. We should be higher than this

It's still nice to be above Pulis tho.
SixersEagles

[/center]