News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Was he sacked or not?

Started by FXBlade, February 09, 2015, 09:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FXBlade

Quote• Club deny they have parted company with manager
• Pearson had been told he had lost his job on Sunday
• Pearson plays down touchline drama with McArthur

Was Pearson sacked or not?

Sky sports said he was, Leicester say he wasn't

Either way a cock up by someone

Rob

Whatever has happened he's hanging onto his job by a thread and I'd wager it's more to do with how he spoke about McArthur after the game and his insinuation of other people.

He should be punished severely for putting his hands round the throat of a player when he's supposed to set an example and even so, James is such a nice, intelligent and placid guy. He wouldn't deserve such treatment and I know that's ironic because our new manager Alan Pardew headbutted a player last season but he was provoked and it's not as one sided as this is.
SixersEagles

[/center]

FXBlade

It's funny because being from the Midlands and living about 30 minutes from most of the clubs, most my friends are Leicester, Derby or forest fans.

I got the notification on my phone from Sky sports saying he had been sacked.

Cue all the Leicester fans cheering and saying it's the best thing, let's get some fresh sir into the club to salvage the season. A few hours later he still has his job, and they all backtrack.

From going off the lcfc website, he is still in charge for the Tuesday game.

I still haven't seen the incident, but you never raise your hands whether you are a player or manager. But surely, Leicester would exit for an FA report before acting, or at the very least fine him so they look pro active. Never sack him?

Either way, if they sack him now they look like idiots because of this situation, or they keep him and look like idiots because the club feels they need to go in a different direction.

Either way, all had been deleted from the sky sports app like it never happened

FXBlade

And with that said, he has a conference coming up. Should be a good watch

FXBlade

QuoteLeicester manager Nigel Pearson has refused to clear up the confusion over reports that emerged on Sunday claiming he had been sacked.

Sky Sports News HQ reported on Sunday evening that Pearson had lost his job with the Premier League's bottom club before the club issued a statement insisting he remained in place.

But Sky sources understand that Pearson and his staff were sacked by one owner of the club, only for another to re-instate them three hours later.

The issue was the main talking point at Monday's media conference ahead of City's game with Arsenal on Tuesday night and although Pearson was keen to focus on his side's trip to the Emirates rather than speculation on his future, at no point did he say the initial reports that he had been sacked were wrong.

"I've never spoken too much about internal relationships at the club. I've always had a good working relationship with the board," said Pearson.

"There is sometimes speculation - unfortunately, sometimes the news breaks. But I still have a responsibility to lead the players. I'd rather the story wasn't out there but it is, and I have to carry on.

"I understand the interest, the questions, but I have loyalties to the people I work for, my staff and the players that are more important to me than dealing with stories that are based on speculation."

Asked if he had been given reassurances about his future with the club, he said: "I've had conversations (with the board) and if I've got things to say I'll say them in the appropriate manner to the appropriate people.

"We have a game tomorrow and my focus and that of the players is very much on what we can do tomorrow night."

Sky Sports News HQ's Rob Dorsett said: "Never in the 32 minutes in which Nigel Pearson spoke did he contradict the story that we told you last night, namely that he and his entire backroom staff had been sacked en masse, and then all reinstated three hours later.

"It seems that there was a disagreement between the owners of Leicester City, one of whom thought it was time to go, the other who didn't, and that a discussion happened after the deed had been done and Pearson and his staff were re-instated.

"I understand from my sources that Pearson's coaches and backroom staff had actually left the club and said their goodbyes and didn't expect to see each other again in the forseeable future - only to get a phone call to say 'come back'.

"There are many more questions of the people who run Leicester City and what they're take is on what happened in the last 24 hours. They are all over the world at the moment.

"The chief executive, Susan Whelan, is in Bangkok. Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha – known as 'Top' in these parts - who is the vice-chairman, is in Thailand.

"His father, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, who is the chairman, is here in England. My understanding is that it is him who has been doing these negotiations with Nigel Pearson, it's him who did the deed. And there's some suggestions on social media that there maybe has been a disagreement between father and son, between chairman and vice-chairman."

So basically he will be sacked on Wednesday morning after they lose to arsenal on Tuesday?