News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NUFC Relegation Bound?

Started by Rob, May 06, 2015, 09:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

So after letting Pardew go I think they've lost something like 8 games in a row. Is that the worst thing they've ever done in letting Pardew go? Were Newcastle a club over-achieving with what they had when Pardew was in charge?

I just can't see a single player in that team that deserves to be in the Premier League. Carver has totally lost the team, if he ever had it in the first place... They don't want to be there, he doesn't want to be there.
SixersEagles

[/center]

FXBlade

its possible.

i am not counting them out.  But I also dont count Villa out.

Leicester have had an awesome run of form, bar the chelsea result.  I think burnley and QPR have gone, its a matter of 'Who's next'

Bias but with West Ham, Southampton and Burnley as Our last fixtures, I see a minimum of 5 points.  I think Newcastle have Screwed the pooch.  I still See, if they stay up Mcclaren taking the job

Cory

Dont even know what they were thinking with Carver, he was shit here in Toronto

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

FXBlade

Quote from: Cory on May 06, 2015, 12:31:52 PM
Dont even know what they were thinking with Carver, he was shit here in Toronto

And that is saying something!

But this

QuoteOn 25 February, he signed a new 5 1⁄2-year contract with Newcastle

Whatever happens, he is sorted

Flins.

McClaren has stated to day that he is staying with Derby, so it is unlikely that will happen. It will all depend on whether they stay up or not, but they will more than likely go for a cheap option. I'm surprised the Newcastle fans have put up with it for as long they have, you can look at Pardew and the job he has done at Palace since returning there, but it wasn't as though his record at Newcastle was anything to write home about. It was mediocre at best. The club has the facility to be one of the biggest clubs in the Premier League, it has the fanbase, the cash flow (if they ever decide to reduce their debt from their profits), and they are known club. They shouldn't be aiming for mid-table every season and disregarding the cups, they shouldn't be looking to use the first team as a glorified shop window, utilizing their scout network for the clubs progression, not profit.

It gets me really wound up does this, as a fan of a 'town' club, we will always be limited, we'll always have this glass cieling where it is unlikely we will ever be able to really maintain a stable position within the top league because we don't have the income. If the players they have at Newcastle showed half the heart and desire that Burnley players, or the majority of the players from the smaller teams showed, they would never be in this position.

The blame shouldn't fall on John Carver, it should fall fully and decisively on the owners of the club.

You never know though, with all the reports on Sports Direct offices getting raided by Scottish Police in regards to Mike Ashley's purchase with Rangers, he might not be chairman for long. IT does raise some interesting questions though, for example the profit they have made the last couple of seasons, as far as I have heard, none of it has been invested in the clubs debt, they clearly haven't invested it in the players as their +/- with their transfers. It would appear the money is going straight to the owner, which brings the question, does he see Newcastle as simply a business? If he does, the only change they'll see is when they go down.

FXBlade

But they were relegated in 08/09.  They bounced back, but this time I dont blame the owner, I blame the players.

This season, newcastle started shit, hit it hard in the middle and then have given up.  There is no fight in the players.

The McClaren situation, being from near derby, and all my mates are derby fans, he said no when they looked like they were heading for the playoffs.  They missed out, I bet mcClaren has a change of heart.

Flins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32616704

^ News report today.

Unfortunately, their previous relegation occurred shortly after he bought remaining shares in the club. If he had any vision for what he wanted of the club, he'd need more time to really enforce it. I guess though, whatever his intentions, they need to be in the Premier League. There is always fault with the players as they are the guys on the pitch and in a way responsible for their own downfalls, however, had Newcastle a more conductive environment and a more stable and ambitious leadership, the lack of drive and desire from the players would be obsolete. As a Villa you will have seen it first hand, the lack of leadership and ambition from Lerner has had a significant impact on the team over the last couple of seasons and it is the only the enthusiasm of Sherwood who has sparked your players into performing, prior to that, they were performing at a similar level to Newcastle.

FXBlade

Yeah, I understand that completely.  Hell, I think we only sit above you on goal difference!

The sherwood impact helped, and I still think hull/Sunderland are more likely to go down than Newcastle.

But trust me, ignore the reports, the consensus around here is that mcclaren has already left!

Flins.

Nah, you've got a good nine points on my team (Burnley). This is why I am hoping the teams in free fall keep it up! Haha. We need to win all three games now, and considering our inability to score, it is looking unlikely. On a brighter note, we've had the Duff red card rescinded, doesn't mean anything other than the justification of all our moaning post Hammers defeat.

FXBlade

And us on the last day!

Hopefully going to that match

Rob

As a Palace fan I love watching teams like Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland scrape for survival... The more teams doing worse than us the better.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

The fans there are too passionately focused on Mike Ashley as the problem. Newcastle fans although very passionate want their club managed by local guys and owned by local guys. Its just not going to happen in this day and age. They need to recognize the Premier league is a different beast now and either shit or get off the pot.

I honestly blame their attitude to players, management and ownership to be a big part of the problem.

I'll love it...if they get relegated ;)
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Flins.

Duckman

The only way they'll get rid of Ashley is to hit him in the pocket and stop going to games.

As soon as Rangers average attendance dropped to 11,000 (from the mid 50,000s), he and his cronies were looking for the exit door as no more money was coming their way.  The tide turned simply because fans stopped going to games and that was Rangers main revenue stream.

They didn't oppose any of the moves by Dave King and his crew and once the share proxi votes started going against them - because big share holders want a return on their investment and if no one is going to games, no one is making any money - the writing was on the wall.

I'm not saying this was a good thing for Rangers, because we still owe the guy over £5 million quid and he holds security over our training ground (worth over £20 million), the club trade mark and still gets 75% of our merch.  Plus if Rangers go up this year, the 5 players Newcastle loaned us (4 of whom have never played due to injury - none of them had medicals and one was signed while suffering from hepititus - seriously) we need to pay Newcastle another £500,000.  And Newcastle fans think this guy is screwing THEM over!  You don't know the half of it lads. 

Plus this new board could end up just like the old one, but at least we're slowing getting out from under Ashley who has held Rangers to ransom and slowly tried to take control of the club in a really shady way.

Anyway, the ONLY way to effect regime change at a football club is to stop going to games.  Not just one game, or having a protest outside, sadly you need to make the club unprofitable to the people in charge.  It's one hell of a gamble and will probably cause a lot of pain in the short term.  But as Rangers have shown, it's the only way to get rid of the people in charge.

No point paying a ton of money each week for a ticket, programme and food and then booing the team or holding up smarmy cards or banners.  Stop going to games for 3 months and see how quickly regime change comes about.

Oh and it really does look like Hull are going down.  You can't score goals, you're not going to survive.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Flins.

Aye, I don't understand why these unhappy fans still continue to pay and attend the games when boycotting has proven to have a huge impact. The Blackpool fans for instance, paid to attend, put money in that Oyster fella's pockets just so they could invade the pitch and get the game abandoned. Makes no sense, just don't go. All it succeeded in doing was marring the reputation of the club as a whole, when the focus should be entirely on the board.

It's a shame what dodgy businessmen can do to clubs, just look to Leeds, the Sheffield clubs, Portsmouth, I'm sure there is more, but sometimes the damage is irreversible.