News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

FIFA - Sepp Blatter resigns

Started by Duckman, June 03, 2015, 04:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-32986950

Well, it looks like something nasty is coming down the pike for old Sepp, a nice weight indictment from the feds perhaps?  I can't think of another reason why he'd fight for re-election, be so defiant in the face of so much scandle and then 3 days later resign.

Hopefully this is the start of major reform of FIFA because that organisation is beyond corrput and it's done a lot of harm to the game, especially in the last few years.
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

Just hope whoever replaces him isn't equally or close to as shit. Platini or Figo IMO would be best bet.......but to be fair anyone who strips Qatar of the world cup would do fine by me.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Judge

J-Reb

Quote from: Cory on June 03, 2015, 07:23:16 AM
Just hope whoever replaces him isn't equally or close to as shit. Platini or Figo IMO would be best bet.......but to be fair anyone who strips Qatar of the world cup would do fine by me.

In a classic "wtf" moment - I've seen Prince William's name thrown around.

Rob

Prince William is the President of the FA so it's not a hugely WTF moment.

They will just vote for another puppet to do the bidding. FIFA needs complete and total reform otherwise the same corruption and bribing will just continue year upon year.
SixersEagles

[/center]

T-Bonizzle

Quote from: Cory on June 03, 2015, 07:23:16 AM

What are you smoking? You think FIFA is going to strip the Arab world of their first world cup? Unless they line up another middle eastern country there is no way that happens, no one is stupid enough to take on that PR nightmare.

Cory

Quote from: T-Mignon on June 03, 2015, 07:14:08 PM
What are you smoking? You think FIFA is going to strip the Arab world of their first world cup? Unless they line up another middle eastern country there is no way that happens, no one is stupid enough to take on that PR nightmare.

Well seeing as how its already a giant PR nightmare going there in the first place considering an estimated 5000 workers will have died by 2022 constructing the stadiums, I think moving it to the US would be the right move.

Flins.

Moving it the US would NOT look good at all considering many believe the only reason the investigation got under way was because they didn't win their bid.

What doesn't sit well with me is how this investigation is all about the bribes, that this is what they are doing wrong in FIFA. Where is the focus on the thousands of bodies in Qatar? Where is the investigation into the financial ruin they have caused in countries that have hosted their tournaments? Too much focus on money when social and cultural exploitation alongside the political corruption is what should be the focus.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I am happy that this has come out as it was a long time coming. It is certainly a start, but there are far worse crimes committed than bribery at the hands of FIFA.

Also, fuck Platini. That dude is just as bad as the rest of them. Anyone with integrity within FIFA would step away, let it get torn down before it can be rebuilt. Platini's statements last week were almost as farcical as Blatters' and I have a horrible feeling that we are heading towards someone like him taking the mantle.

It's a dark time for football, there are a lot more weeds to root out. It is the greatest sport in the world though, it will recover. I'm also hoping for both Russia and Qatar to be stripped of the tournaments, we shouldn't care about the PR, it should be about what is ethical. There are better options than the US though.

Adam Wrong

Cory

Quote from: Flins. on June 04, 2015, 10:54:35 AM
Moving it the US would NOT look good at all considering many believe the only reason the investigation got under way was because they didn't win their bid.

What doesn't sit well with me is how this investigation is all about the bribes, that this is what they are doing wrong in FIFA. Where is the focus on the thousands of bodies in Qatar? Where is the investigation into the financial ruin they have caused in countries that have hosted their tournaments? Too much focus on money when social and cultural exploitation alongside the political corruption is what should be the focus.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I am happy that this has come out as it was a long time coming. It is certainly a start, but there are far worse crimes committed than bribery at the hands of FIFA.

Also, fuck Platini. That dude is just as bad as the rest of them. Anyone with integrity within FIFA would step away, let it get torn down before it can be rebuilt. Platini's statements last week were almost as farcical as Blatters' and I have a horrible feeling that we are heading towards someone like him taking the mantle.

It's a dark time for football, there are a lot more weeds to root out. It is the greatest sport in the world though, it will recover. I'm also hoping for both Russia and Qatar to be stripped of the tournaments, we shouldn't care about the PR, it should be about what is ethical. There are better options than the US though.

US is ready for a world cup, not a single stadium would have to be built and depending on the location, they could have all 50,000+ seat stadiums for venues.

....plus it'll be my only legit chance to catch a world cup game without dropping at least $5000

Mike Powers

Sepp Blatter sounds like a condtion that I'd treat at the hospital.

"Your patient is suffering from sepp blatter.  It's quite serious."

Drama Queen

Quote from: Flins. on June 04, 2015, 10:54:35 AM

My thoughts exactly. Honestly, after I read about this, I decided that the last world cup is the last one I will be watching or having any interest in.