News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Another Battle of Britain...

Started by Kenfucius, August 07, 2009, 06:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenfucius

Celtic v. Arsenal for a CL spot.

Fuck.

Ah well, it'll be fun, seeing what this new Europa League is all about, I guess.

FXBlade

I would like to say this match up is on the same scale of Milan vs Barca for the qualifying last year.  But it's not.

Arsenal should have no problems going through.  Even Sunderland beat Celtic 2-1 recently.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Duckman

Haha.  Don't worry Kenny, we'll send you a postcard from the group stages!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

Arshavin with 2......Gunners 2-1 Celtic

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Kenfucius

Quote from: Duckman on August 07, 2009, 10:40:38 AM
Haha.  Don't worry Kenny, we'll send you a postcard from the group stages!

Peace

Duckman

Cheers mate, appreciate that.

We'll send your lot a bank statement showing how to spend money on transfers in return, because if they don't, this'll be their last time in the group in a good long while.

As for the Arsenal game... It'll be closer than a lot of people are thinking. Celtic will have a couple of key players back that they've been missing during preseason, and Arsenal won't fancy a trip to Parkhead. Nobody in Europe fancies a trip to Parkhead.

Still expect us to get knocked out, but it'll be tight. Odd goal over two legs, maybe away goals.

Ah well, at least when we get knocked out, it'll block Sam's mob from getting into the second seeding for the group draw.

CL draw though, the hardest one to call on paper looks like Sporting Lisbon v. Fiorentina. Stuttgart, Lyon and Athletico should advance from their respective ties.