News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

It finally happened..

Started by FXBlade, February 26, 2010, 11:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FXBlade

Portsmouth have become the first premiership side to enter administration.  The question on my head is which premiership side will follow suit, Im sure they wont be the last.

However, How come they have only been docked 9 points?  That is unfair to say the least when other clubs suffer a much more severe penalty

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11674_5982493,00.html

QuotePortsmouth have become the first club in the history of the Premier League to enter administration and are now facing a nine-point deduction.

The financially-stricken South Coast club have limped through the majority of the season and have seen four owners at the helm this term.

Current incumbent Balram Chainrai admitted earlier this week that administration would be their only choice if a new buyer was not found by Friday.

And with a saviour failing to emerge despite last-ditch talks between chief executive Peter Storrie and a number of interested parties, the inevitable occurred at 10.20am on Friday morning.

Pompey felt they were left with no option but to enter administration with the club facing a High Court winding-up order over a significant unpaid tax bill amid reported debts of £70million.

What makes me laugh now though is that you can already place bets on Pompey for next season

Portsmouth Win Coca Cola Championship 2010/11 20/1
Portsmouth Promoted from Championship 2010/11 6/1
Portsmouth Relegated from Champioship 2010/11 4/1 

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Sad state of affairs. I have a lot of customers who are Pompey fans. In fact sent one of them to Wembley for the FA Cup final a few years back and took another 2 to the follow up Charity Shield the following season with United...and now...

Oh well.

It was bound to happen with all these dodgey foreign owners.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Adam Wrong

Premier League states only 9 point deduction in a premier league side. Less teams in the league and less matches don't forget Blade

A very sad day for football. I don't mind Pompey and am sad to see it happen