News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Official World Cup Thread + Fantasy Game

Started by Rob, March 29, 2010, 10:44:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

This has been the worst game of the world cup, considering the teams playing.

Germany has this locked up.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Flins.

Greece vs. Japan was the worst game. This has been a good tactical battle, but just a case of two good two teams cancelling each other out.

Can't believe Vlaar took the first penalty. Crazy.

Jon

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Argentina going to the finals! They dominated the penalty shoot out.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Flins.

Messi is getting closer to that World Cup win he needs to make his claim for 'GOAT'

Cory

I guess I made a deal with the devil for fantasy.

Jerry McClean

How many points are you on Cory? Want to compare you with a mate of mine who always runs away with fantasy football haha.

And Germany better bloody win now. As bad as it would be for them to win...I can't support Argentina......

Cory

I bet PSG is wondering if they can get a refund for Luiz.

GM Franchise

Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Drama Queen

I missed today's game so I have a question...

Usually nobody gives a shit about the third place play off. It's treated like a friendly, used to give players a game that never got off the bench, test out future line ups, new formations etc.

However it appears to me that never in the history of the world cup did anybody find themselves in a position of having to redeem themselves so badly as brazil in their home country.

So what happened? Did they take the game seriously? We're they just simply outclassed? What approach did they take?

Adam Wrong

Brazil started bright and then thiago silva thought it was a good idea to tug down robben in the vicinity of the penalty area. Early Dutch penalty blew any momentum out of Brazil. Second goal was pathetic. David Luis was clueless again and the rest of the defence allowed Daley Blind 2 touches of the ball to control it before smashing it home. Not a single defender closed him down.

Second half Brazil were brighter. Still couldn't score. Hulk was terrible when he came on. Holland got a late third.

Overall an ok match. Brazil need a major overhaul though

Flins.

I think this sums up Luiz's defensive contributions in the last two games.

Brazil's best game waas against the other South Americans, the guys they've played countless times. Croatia and Mexico showed how average the team was. Four goals in six minutes, I mean, it was just ridiculous, they were never going to be in the right place mentally for last nights pointless game.

Cory

Yeah, the 3rd place game needs to be eliminated.

FXBlade

Quote from: Cory on July 13, 2014, 09:24:23 AM
Yeah, the 3rd place game needs to be eliminated.

Why?

May aswell get rid of the bronze medal from all sporting competitions then

Gates

Do they get anything for the third place game in the World Cup? If it's just for bragging rights, then there may not be a point. If they actually get a "bronze trophy" of sorts, then maybe there's an actual point.