News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Robocop Trailer revealed

Started by ¿PapaPancho?, September 06, 2013, 05:15:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

¿PapaPancho?

I know everyone is quick to jump on these things and make massive assumptions but I for one am interested regardless.

RoboCop Official Trailer #1 (2014) - Samuel L. Jackon, Gary Oldman Movie HD

Black Death

not really feeling this ... this did not need to be re-made
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Duckman

It looks OK, I suppose.  But it won't be a patch on the original.

I wouldn't pay money to see it.

Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Hondo

Looks like the plotline is going to be majorly different.

In the original, he lost his family after he became RoboCop, and had no real memory of them at all until he hacked into the files on his past life. Here, it looks like he's fully aware of his situation, and his family is there the whole time.

All in all, it seems more like the next in line of succession rather than a remake. And as the sage poet DDP once said, "That's not a bad thing!"

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Marq

Quote from: JackHondo on September 06, 2013, 08:37:47 AM
Looks like the plotline is going to be majorly different.

In the original, he lost his family after he became RoboCop, and had no real memory of them at all until he hacked into the files on his past life. Here, it looks like he's fully aware of his situation, and his family is there the whole time.

All in all, it seems more like the next in line of succession rather than a remake. And as the sage poet DDP once said, "That's not a bad thing!"

A huge, huge part of the charm of the original was Paul Verhoeven's direction. The guy's always had a bit of social commentary with his films ("Robocop" and "Starship Troopers" are my faves), so to have this basically look like a run-of-the-mill action movie is a little disheartening.

Truth be told, I can't see anyone chomping at the bit to see this, but maybe it'll surprise the skeptics like me.
"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

RickRampage

I'll watch it when it comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray

Alex Smiley

I like it. Something in the trailer made me think that maybe the "illusion of free will" present in this RoboCop's system is the remake's version of the dreaded "Fourth Prime Directive."

I'm excited for this.

Quote from: JackHondo on October 24, 2012, 07:31:28 AM
You're right, Jesus is nicer. But Alex is a close second.

Chris Shields

It doesn't look terrible, and I agree with what Hondo said about it not looking like a remake. If anything, I think you could say it's a reboot of the franchise. It's something that I will reserve judgement on until I see it, but it's not something that has me incredibly excited. I'm probably in the same boat as Rampage and I would bet at least a few other people, I'll wait to see it until it comes out on DVD/Rebox/Netflix.

Mike Powers