Tim's 31 Days of Horror

Started by Tim-Æ, August 27, 2009, 12:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Monster Sqaud first film I ever owned....*sniff*

'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Tim-Æ

the Official Schedule....

After much deliberating, here is what my roommate and I have narrowed down to be our 31 films to watch in October. That's one a day for the month. A lot of things were considered in this. I wanted to see a majority of movies I had never seen. I also wanted to get some classics, as well as some just ridiculously bad ones. Sorry if I didn't take any of your suggestions, but I think this is a fairly decent list. There's some independent stuff in there too, so this should be a good time.

October's 31 Days of Horror

1. IT
2. A Nightmare on Elm Street
3. Suspiria
4. Bride of Frankenstein
5. Cujo
6. Ghoulies
7. Sleepaway Camp
8. Children of the Corn
9. Eraserhead
10. Phantasm
11. The Hitcher (the original)
12. Night of the Living Dead
13. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
14. Videodrome
15. From Hell It came
16. Rosemary's Baby
17. Quartermass & the Pit
18. Session 9
19. Psycho (original)
20. The Blob
21. Poltergeist
22. The Thing (1982)
23. Rec
24. The Brood
25. Gates of Hell
26. Pumpkinhead
27. Changeling
28. Prom Night (original)
29. Warlock
30. Scanners
31. Halloween ! & 2 (since they occur in the same night)

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

I DEMAND YOU FIND A PLACE FOR SOCIETY ON THE LIST!!!

Exile

personally I would had High Tension, Splinter, Nosferatu, and The Inside (French) Im glad you have Rec on there but i would make some room for those

Tim-Æ

Ian unfortunately I couldn't find Society anywhere to rent, even on Netflix.

As far as changes, this is what my roommate and I settled on as he'll be watching them too. Most of these are movies that I have never seen but always wanted to, or not seen in a long time (Poltergeist, IT). I had Nosferatu on there but I've been burnt out on vampires for awhile now. High Tension was awful, though probably would have been better had it not been dubbed.

Cory Funk Jr.

The Brood is an aawesome choice. Very underrated as a horror flick.

Bucky Skyler

Session 9 isn't a good movie at all.

But Gates Of Hell if i am correct is City Of the Living Dead. A Fulci film and its AWESOME!!!!

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Quote from: TimFlatable on September 09, 2009, 04:22:33 PM
Ian unfortunately I couldn't find Society anywhere to rent, even on Netflix.

As far as changes, this is what my roommate and I settled on as he'll be watching them too. Most of these are movies that I have never seen but always wanted to, or not seen in a long time (Poltergeist, IT). I had Nosferatu on there but I've been burnt out on vampires for awhile now. High Tension was awful, though probably would have been better had it not been dubbed.

Its one of those films I would personally love to get your opinon on one day. Incredibly fucked up piece of work. Not a great script, but an unbelivable ending of visuals for the time and budget.

Excaligore

Videodrome and the Hitcher are both fucking excellent, imo. Videodrome well more than the Hitcher.

Haven't ever seen Scanners. Maybe this will influence my decision on whether I should or not.

Bucky Skyler

Quote from: Excallicliff on September 10, 2009, 01:25:57 PM
Videodrome and the Hitcher are both fucking excellent, imo. Videodrome well more than the Hitcher.

Haven't ever seen Scanners. Maybe this will influence my decision on whether I should or not.

Must see it for just this scene

Black Death

videodrome fucked me up when i first watch it years

HITCHER got a kick out of that one

The THING 1982  is full of win
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Tim-Æ

The first two days are up at INGOBWETRUST.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Tim-Æ

IT didn't arrive in time, so I had to bump it to another day :(