News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

The Shark Tank (Chicago)

Started by Mike Powers, January 07, 2015, 01:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Powers

Mr. Lancaster is on hold.  Patching through Mr. Morse.     

Doug is a great guy, he's very excited about the opportunity that TCW has to offer.  He didn't have a home in mind when he registered for the draft, he was just grateful to be drafted.  What sort of contract are you offering us?   

Midas

Here in Chicago we are all about big things and we here at the Shark Tank want to focus our club around big guys and we believe that Doug will make our Heavyweight Division the best in the league!

He is still a young man and we are looking to secure him for a good while so how about a 5 Year 6 Million dollar deal with 1 Million going per year for PR! This is Chicago and we need to promote Doug so people know his name!

Mike Powers

Big guys, huh.  You do realize that at 227 lbs, he is on the lighter end of the heavyweight division, right?

In regards to your contract offer?  We will gladly accept those terms for 3 years.  Doug plans on proving his worth, and earning himself a much higher contract in the next few years.     

Midas

That is the prime spot in our opinion for what we are looking for in the Heavyweight division... Our Superheavyweight Duke Barnes is over 300 lbs and if in what we consider the prime spot in the Super Heavyweight division! If we wanted a heavy slow guy in the heavyweight division we would have went with Big Nate or Mr. Steele!

I hear you on your client wanting the prove himself for a big contract and I understand... Is there anyways we can lock this in at a 4 year contract for the same terms?

Mike Powers

Doug is set on only signing for 2-3 years right now, unless he is completely blown away monetarily.   

Midas

Well Mr. Morse I understand where your client is coming from and I hope you both understand that we as a club want to take him and have him for the future! He wants to prove himself and land a big contract in a couple years... well I can respect that.

We here see a lot of potential in him and are willing to be flexible with his desire...

He is willing to sign a 2 year deal then we can make that work! He is in fact the 7th Heavyweight picked in the draft and I can see why he wants to prove he should have been picked 1st!

With that said we are spending PR money on guys who have a long term commitment with our franchise and a 2 year does not warrant such a commitment for PR so here our the terms we are hoping you all will consider...

2 Years 5 Million per year with 500k for PR

Yes it is a step down from the 6 million but as your client has said himself he wants to earn his money so in 2 years if he is as good as he claims and will sign a 5 year contract we will be inclined to offer as much as 8 million per year.

Does this sounds fair?

Mike Powers

We'll take that deal.  And mark my words, when we're signing his next contract, the figure will be MUCH higher than $8 million! 

Midas

Hahaha... Well mark my words if you are correct then we will be paying it. I will send the paperwork in...

Bobby.... Can you get Eric McCarthy on the line for me with regards to Cassidy Ray...

Mr. McCarthy, I have heard nothing but good things about your client Cassidy Ray. In my opinion she is the top prospect in the draft this year in the women's division and we would like to sign her to a 4 year deal... What kind of price tag are we looking at for a deal of that length?

Mike Powers

I'm glad to hear that you feel that way about Cassidy.  Since she is, in your words, "the top prospect" in the woman's division, you should have no trouble compensating her with more than Krystal's deal from the Devils, right?   

Midas

That should not be a problem as long as she is willing to sign a 5 year deal like Krystal...

How about a 5 year 6 Million Dollar deal with 500k for PR...

I mean hell we are a big city like LA so we need to market her to a big city!

Mike Powers

Midas

Thank you for your time...

Bobby I am interested in having a conversation with Duke Barnes, is he available?

Mike Powers

Sir, I wish to thank you for your most generous contract. My wife and 7 kids are counting on me to provide for them.     

Midas

Duke you are more then welcome and actually we here want to thank you for joining us here in Chicago...

I really love that you are a family man and I am seeing a real bright future for all of us.

Basically we here at the Shark Tank believe are future is with you and Doug Manning as a one two punch with the main event and semi-main event!

Does that sounds like something you would be interested in?

Mike Powers

I wouldn't have signed if I didn't have faith in you sir.