News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

EFK's Favourite Music

Started by Rob, July 23, 2010, 06:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

*slaps forehead*

Why did this have to turn into a massive heated discussion.

I thought people would be mature enough not to post snide remarks about others music tastes. I foolishly expected everyone to be that mature.

If you have a suggestion on how to improve my task, then PRIVATE MESSAGES ME. Don't cause unnecessary drama on here.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Rob

Okay I'm putting my Mod hat on now.

You have something to say about someones music taste? Bite your tongue.

You have something to say about my idea? Bite your tongue.

Basically, I don't want any more NEGATIVE posting on this thread. Cliff, I'm laying down the law here. I've been trying my absolute hardest to get everyone on the forums to be comfortable with posting in these music forums without it being shot down. I'm pissed off beyond belief that within a night you've shot down eveyrthing I've been trying for.

With that being said, this is now a list of Top Bands, simply because of the altering in Songs. However, please continue to post your 15 songs because there is something I want to do with Songs at the end of this.

Thanks,
Rob.
SixersEagles

[/center]

Tim-Æ

Quote from: Cory on July 25, 2010, 12:41:11 AM
I donno man, you don't know what I listen too. I mean, fair point to my rock side, most of the songs I listen too are generic, but as far as raps concerned, I listen to at least 85% of unknown or local guys from around here, 10% of stuff from the 90's, and only maybe 5% thats featured in popular culture today.

Local = indie. so you listen to gay stuff apparently.

i expect a formal retraction of your previous insult :)

so its now top 15 bands? Ug...this is...weird.

1. Radiohead
2. The White Stripes
3. Tool
4. The Kinks
5. Deerhunter
6. Broken Social Scene
7. The  Black Keys
8. Pinback
9. Led Zeppelin
10. The Beatles
11. Sonic Youth
12. Spoon
13. Japandroids
14. Stone Temple Pilots
15. The Strokes

Fnord

If it's top 15 bands... I'd have to totally change my list up.  Is that what it is now?

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Cory

Quote from: Timception on July 25, 2010, 12:33:37 PM
Local = indie. so you listen to gay stuff apparently.

i expect a formal retraction of your previous insult :)

I used indy bands in referece to the indy rock that you listen too, as rap is predominatly 'artist' , not a band. I see the comparison, and my statements a tad hypcrital, but I listen to a lot of non mainstream rap, but I CANT stand indy rock, and thats what I referrred to comparing with Dr. Dre. (ala most of the bands in your top 20 list in your signature)

Anyho

Top 15 Bands/Artists

1. Lynyrd Skynyrd
2. Johnny Cash
3. Alice in Chains
4. Dr. Dre
5. Snoop Dogg
6. The Notorious B.I.G
7. Gun n Roses (w/Slash)
8. Method Man (circa Wu-Tang Clan)
9. Eminem
10. Audioslave
11. Red Hot Chili Peppers
12. Ice Cube
13. The Offspring
14. KiD CuDi
15. Kayne West (crica 2000-2004)

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Ash Bombay

Quote from: Rob on July 25, 2010, 04:59:52 AM
Okay I'm putting my Mod hat on now.

You have something to say about someones music taste? Bite your tongue.

You have something to say about my idea? Bite your tongue.

Basically, I don't want any more NEGATIVE posting on this thread. Cliff, I'm laying down the law here. I've been trying my absolute hardest to get everyone on the forums to be comfortable with posting in these music forums without it being shot down. I'm pissed off beyond belief that within a night you've shot down eveyrthing I've been trying for.

With that being said, this is now a list of Top Bands, simply because of the altering in Songs. However, please continue to post your 15 songs because there is something I want to do with Songs at the end of this.

Thanks,
Rob.

Read the bolded. He still wants the top 15 songs cuz he's doing something with this.

Rob

Quote from: Ash Bombay on July 25, 2010, 01:53:14 PM
Read the bolded. He still wants the top 15 songs cuz he's doing something with this.

Yeah, listen to the guy that actually paid attention! The top bands will be based off your top songs and there is something I have in mind for the top songs overall!
SixersEagles

[/center]

Fnord

Yeah, but my list of top songs is way different than my list of top bands.   >:(

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 

Rob

Doesn't matter Fnord. Stop fucking the thread up. Unfortunately I wasn't here to stop all the pissing from last night. I'm here to stop this one though. :)
SixersEagles

[/center]

Gary

Quote from: Fnord on July 25, 2010, 02:11:30 PM
Yeah, but my list of top songs is way different than my list of top bands.   >:(

just do two different fucking lists..one with top 15 bands, and one with top 15 songs..its simple enough.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Fnord

Quote from: Rob on July 25, 2010, 02:14:18 PM
Doesn't matter Fnord. Stop fucking the thread up. Unfortunately I wasn't here to stop all the pissing from last night. I'm here to stop this one though. :)

Look, I was just stating that my list of bands and songs are different.  No need to swear at me and talk down to me.  Sorry I even participated.  Erase my list from this thread.  I'm done.

Gary

Bands
1. Sublime
2. Sex Pistols
3. Beatles
4. Led Zepplin
5. 311
6. Green Day
7. White Stripes
8. Blink 182
9. Nirvana
10. Guns N Roses
11. Metallica
12. Reel Big Fish
13. Bob Marley
14. Aerosmith
15. Caramelos de Cianuro (you guys obviously don't know who they are but they are one my faves)

Songs:
1. Santeria by Sublime
2. Freebird by Lynyrd Skynyrd
3. Across the Universe by The Beatles
4. Beautiful Disaster by 311
5. Mad World (Cover) by Evergreen Terrace
6. Redemption Song by Bob Marley
7. Amazing by Aerosmith
8. Enter Sandman by Metallica
9. All Apologies by Nirvana
10. Scarlet Begonias by Grateful Dead
11. November Rain by GnR
12. Stairway to Heaven by Led Zepplin
13. Whats my Age again by Blink 182
14. Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton
15. Paranoid by Black Sabbath

regardless how culturally impactful they are, whether you think my choices are crap those are my choices.

[/center]

Quote from: jagilki on October 11, 2011, 05:21:41 PM
Midas would chop off his Penis if he thought it would win him a Mafia game.

Rob

Thank you Gary.

Fnord, quit being a child about it, okay? I made one simple request out-lined in my original post. I really don't see what the problem is and why you've got to suddenly start crying because somebody has said something that hasn't gone your way. I will be using your post and your list is exactly what I want.

This about which songs are in the top 100 by each band. It's not about your favourite band, that doesn't concern me in this thing I'm doing. It's the most popular bands based on songs and the most popular songs.
SixersEagles

[/center]

T-Bonizzle

Meh. I rarely listen to more then the singles by bands...so I don't have favorites...

1. Wonderwall - Oasis
2. Down Under - Men at Work
3. Airplanes - B.o.B, Hallie Williams
4. Shackler's Revenge - Guns N Roses
5. Lazy Eye - Silversun Pick-ups(or something)
6. The Good Left Undone - Rise Against
7. Slide - Goo Goo Dolls
8. Black Balloon - Goo Goo Dolls
9. Let It Go - 3 Doors Down
10. Radiate - Puddle of Mudd
11. The Strength to Go On - Rise Against
12. No Rain - Blind Melons
13. Barenaked Ladies - Falling For the First Time
14. Rascal Flatts - What Hurts the Most
15. On a Boat - Lonely Island

Flins.

Not in any order.

1. "Don't Believe a Word" by Thin Lizzy - Raised on this genre of music by my dad, one of the songs that really stuck out for me.
2. "Pale Blue Eyes" by The Velvet Underground - Love it, nothing else needs saying.
3. "Red at Night" by The Gaslight Anthem - Its a cover, and probably not deserving of going on a 'greatest ever' list, but i've been listening to it constantly for the last two years or so and i haven't tired of it yet.
4. "Where Is My Mind?" by Pixies - Nothing to say about, just really like it.
5. "Peace Frog" by The Doors - Blend of Blues with the organ, and Morrisons voice, just works for me.
6. "Rising Force" by Yngwie Malmsteen - The song that got me interested in Hard Rock and still my favourite.
7. "Superstition" by Stevie Wonder - Most infectious song ever, i can't keep still when this song plays.
8. "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?" by Creedence Clearwater Revival - I love Fogerty's vocals, classic 70's song.
9. "Darkness, Darkness" by The Youngbloods - Not a fan of the rest of their work, but i adore this song.
10. "Born Under A Bad Sign" by Albert King - Just a great blues song.
11. "Can't Stand Me Now" by The Libertines - I usually get bored of these kind of songs, but this one has stuck.
12. "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd - Epic. That is all, bit of an obvious this one though heh.
13. "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" by Daft Punk - Some of the interchanges in rhythm/beat are great.
14. "Lithium" by Nirvana - I was obsessed with this song as a teenager, still think its brilliant.
15. "Dinosaurs Will Die" by NOFX - The greatest song ever written. Heh, purely nostalgic, up-beat choice. My favourite song through-out my teen years.