News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

The Ashes

Started by Jerry McClean, July 18, 2009, 09:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry McClean

Have any of you guys been following what's going on?

Pretty exciting end to the first test after England played poorly throughout. But it looks like they might have a genuine chance at getting a win at Lords. Although I'm no where near counting out the Aussies.

But back to the original question. Are any of you guys watching it?

EDIT - and if there's already a topic for this could someone shove me in that direction please >___>

Duckman

I've been following it closely, I'm watching just now.

England are in prime position to win this and it'll be fully deserved.  They've been all over Australia in this test since ball 1.

Only problem I see is KP and Flintoff are both nursing injuries with KP looking very limited.

Still, if England take the 1-0 lead it'll set the series up for a fantastic summer!! 

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Jennifer

Monty and Anderson defending the entire end of the first test was absolutely fantastic.

But yeah, like you said Duckman, this second test has been looking England's way for quite some time. Got a day and a half to claim five wickets, which looks quite attainable in my opinion.

Still, been a good series so far.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Jerry McClean

Got one of them. :)

But this Clarke fella is proving rather problematical.

Jerry McClean

Just as I say that Swann gets his man! Come on England!

Quadzilla

Freddie and Swann what legends. :D :D :D

Quote from: Russaholic Ewe-ing on February 07, 2012, 03:14:24 PM
By revealing to me that I can play MGS on the Xbox you received the award of BEING THE BEST HUMAN BEING FUCKING EVER.

Rob

I've got 20 quid on Aussie's winning the Ashes. Odds were 13-4, not too bad. Considering it looks a good chance now!
SixersEagles

[/center]

Jerry McClean

Safe money by the looks of it. If England play like they did in the last match fucking Bangladesh'd beat them!

Duckman

I just hope they don't panic and bring back Ramprakash as the talk seems to be.  That would just be crazy considering he already tried and failed at test level.

They just need to not bowl short all the time and sort out their top order with Bopara dropping down the order and Broad moving up a couple of spots.  Bell at 3 isn't ideal but with Pieterson out that's where i'd play him.

I think the last test will be really close with England nicking it by the slimest of margins.

Peace

Duckman

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Adam Wrong

I think the talk is of cork coming in instead of Bopara.

My mum could bat better than Bopara. Plus Judge hates him

Jerry McClean

I've been telling people Bopara should have been dropped all series! I think he's a very talented batsman, but is a one day player (and a very good one at that).

I don't think that Ramps'll be picked. The selectors have overlooked him when he's been on form before and I think they'll do it again. If anyone's going to replave Bopara I think it's most likely to be Trott. Although Shah's another possibility.

Duckman

Well they won the whole damn thing!!!  Awesome performances in this match from Broad, Swann and Trott who all stood out from what was a really good team performance from England.

The series swung from one team to the other, maybe not in the dramatic way of 2005 but it's definately up there with that series as one of the best I've watched.

Australia fought incredibly hard and they were very humble and accepting in defeat which was nice to see.

Well done England, now don't think you can dine out on this for the next 2 years like happened in 2005!  This should only be the start.

Great series of cricket all round and glad Flintoff was able to bow out on a proper high.

Peace

Duckman

Jerry McClean

Agree totally. And I'm really chuffed for Trott as I'm from Warwickshire and he's been one of our best players for the last 5 years.

Special congratulations to Strauss who seems to get a lot of stick from pundits but continues to be our best batsman when KP isn't in the team and captained the side well.

Bring on the SAffies! :P