News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Pacman Jones... a Blue Bomber???

Started by Sally Screw, September 01, 2009, 11:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sally Screw

Man oh man...

Can you believe it? Yet another NFL castoff that thinks he can simply step into the Canadian Football League, become a megastar and have the NFL beg him to return. Now, Pacman Jones joins the long list of deluted jocks ( Lawrence Phillips, Andre Rison, Ricky Williams, etc, etc) by trying to sign a deal with the Winnipeg Blue Bombers for a 1 year deal.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/story/2009/09/01/sp-cfl-bombers-pacman.html?ref=rss

I hate to break it to him but Pacman's position, cornerback, is one of the hardest positions to play in the CFL. Why? Simply because the CFL is a speed game with a wider field and an extra player with 1 less downs to make 10 yards. This calls for a more wide open passing game. Cornerbacks need to be well versed on Canadian pass patterns with lots of stamina to do well in the CFL. Lots of luck ! The CFl is a totally different style game than the NFL. CFL stars tend to shine less on the smaller NFL fields. Same seems to go for the NFL stars...they tend to do worse in the CFL. The only 2 position that transcends both games is receiver and quarterback, every other position is CFL or NFL specific.

An out-of-shape (unless potbellied counts as "round", which technically is a shape) player with zero CFL experience has a tough hill to climb.

Black Death

sorry sally but in the USA ... the CFL does not exist

So Pacman has vanish off the face of the earth in the eyes of the American football public
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

Bryan

i thought this was going to be a mega man joke :(

Sally Screw

Quotesorry sally but in the USA ... the CFL does not exist

That's the beauty of the CFL, unlike the NHL, the CFL does not concern itself on whether it garners any attention from the USA. As a matter of fact most CFL fans pay little attention to the NFL.

Cory Funk Jr.

Quote from: Sally on September 02, 2009, 09:45:36 AM
That's the beauty of the CFL, unlike the NHL, the CFL does not concern itself on whether it garners any attention from the USA. As a matter of fact most CFL fans pay little attention to the NFL.

Quoted for truth

I hope he does sign though. It will bring some press to the Blue Bombers. Maybe they will have a chance Vs The Argos or Eskimos this year.

Goonboy

FUCK YOU, PACMAN JONES .. HE'S A GODDAMN JOKE ... I HOPE HIS MOTHER GETS CANCER....

Thats how much i hate that guy. Good Luck Canada .. oh and ..