News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

TUF 8 Fantasy game

Started by MitchMMA, September 04, 2008, 12:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khristian Call

Quote from: Ash Bombay on September 21, 2008, 06:21:50 PM

There isn't even a guarentee that it goes the lightweights then light heavyweights. You might be able to pick from both catigories and what not.

Well yea on the actual show that's the case, but we're doing our own thing based off of performances.  I believe our selections will be before the team selections on the show.  Or I could be completely wrong.

MitchMMA

Yep we are picking before team selections. Unless of course they pick teams at the end of episode 2 but I doubt it lol.

I'm still not 100% sure on the rules yet. I was thinking of doing some sort of point system meaning everytime your fighter wins you would gain points.

For example if your fighter gets a knock out or a submission, you gain 5 points but if it's just a decision you gain 3 points. Something like that. Then we would just tally the scores at the end.

What I'm thinking is we have everyone start out with 0 points. If your fighters wins you would gain points, if your fighter loses you would gain - points. For example if your fighter got knocked out or submitted you would get -5 points but if it was just a decision loss you would get -3 points. Technically speaking if your fighter losses you basically lost because there would be no way for you to gain more points unless your fighter came back as a replacement later in the show. If they did come back, you have another oppurtunity to gain points. This might be confusing though lol. Maybe it would be better to just not take away points, only add them? Meaning if a fighter losses instead of losing points you would just stay where you are, would that be better?

lol sorry if i'm confusing anyone. I'm just trying to figure out what would work best, if you have any ideas please tell me. The official rules will be posted sometime this week I assure you.

Black Death

you do not have to do points .  each person has two fighter that they pick one for each weight class,  and they see if there fighter will be the last one standing ,  comes down to who going to last.   now with the two fighters, meaning each person has a chance to win least one of the weight classes.   or someone can get lucky and pick the fighters that wins both the weight classes.   less confusing and less work for you to add up points. 
"Asuka, gives you two thumbs up"

MitchMMA

True BD, that was the original rule I had in my mind but I wasn't sure if it was the best idea but it's easier and makes more sense so we will use it lol.

Alright so here are the official rules:

On 9/24 we will begin picking our fighters. We will start with the Lightweights, everyone picks 1 Lightweight out of the 8 that are on the show. You will pick in the order, if you look a few posts above this you will see the picking order. After we do the 155'ers we will reverse the picking orders and start choosing Light Heavies. For example Ash Bombay is picking first for Lightweights but Khristian Call picks first for Light Heavies.

Basically the idea is to pick the Ultimate Fighter winner. Whoever gets the Ultimate fighter wins. There will most likely be two winners unless someone is lucky enough to pick both of them lol.

There won't be a point system or anything but I will be writing a Journal every week summarizing each episode. So if you do end up missing an episode you can always read my journal.

Everyone cool with this?

Jack Kaiser

Sounds good to me.

Whoo!!  Second.

Rats!!  Second last.

;D

Khristian Call

I'm working tonight so I won't have a chance to see the show.  Good news is I have a good idea which Light Heavy is the best in the field, and I don't worry about having to pick a lightweight.

MitchMMA

Shit, wait is TaNK still playing?

and Cory is on LOA?

What are we supposed to do about their picks?

MitchMMA

Alright bitchez, let's start this thing up. Let's pick the Lightweights first.

Choose 1 lightweight from the following:

1. Junie Allen Browning- Has been picked already
2. Shane Nelson- Has been picked already
3. Efrain Escudero- Has been picked already
4. Brian McLaughlin- picked
5. George Roop- picked
6. David Kaplan- picked
7. Phillipe Nover- Has been picked already
8. John Polakowski- picked

We will pick in this order:
1.) Ash Bombay- Junie Allen Browning
2.) Jack Kaiser- Efrain Escudero
3.) TaNK- Brian McLaughlin
4.) John S.- Shane Nelson
5.) Cory- John Polakowski
6.) MitchMMA- Philipe Nover
7.) Black Death- George Roop
8.) Khristian Call- Dave Kaplan

Side notes: I'm not 100% sure if TaNK and Cory will be around for this. When it's their turn they will have 24 hours to pick, if they don't pick then we will move on to the next guy. At the end we will just give them the fighters who weren't picked but hopefully they will be online to pick lol.

After we all pick our Lightweight we will reverse the list and start picking our Light heavies.

So Ash Bombay, you are up first sir. You lucky bastard haha pick your lightweight fighter.

Ash Bombay

Whoops, I just saw this. Anyways, I guess my first pick will be....

Junie Allen Browning.

Jack Kaiser

I'll go with Efrain Escudero.

MitchMMA

Alright I don't think TaNK is going to be picking. I don't think he will be coming online today as he has stated a few days ago that he would be taking time away from the computer.

So we could do 1 of 2 things. We could:

A.) Skip him and give him the fighter that wasn't picked at the end

or

B.) Bring in a replacement. Meaning we could replace TaNK with someone else (not currently in the game) that would like to take his spot.

What should I do? I know I suck at modding this game haha just bare with me.

MitchMMA

screw it. John S. You're up buddy.

JohnS.

I hereby announce my pick....

Shane Nelson

MitchMMA

Listen. Cory is on LOA and I don't know if he is still going to participate in this game. I really doubt he will come here to make his pick in 24 hours so I am going to skip him. We can't wait forever lol. I wanna try and get all the fighters picked before wendsday.

So since we are skipping Cory, I am up now.

I have decided to pick Philipe Nover.

Alright, Black Death now it is your turn, then after him will be Khristian Call and then we can start picking light heavies.

Khristian Call

don't know if the 24 hour rule still applies, but seeing as I think all the lightweights that are making it to the final four are taken, I don't care who I get lol.  So if it gets skipped to me, I'll take Kaplin.  If Black Death still has a turn and takes Kaplin, I'll take Roop.