News:

Join our chat! - https://discord.gg/6vUfQnG

Main Menu

Nate Diaz

Started by Duckman, December 31, 2011, 01:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckman

So that's a couple of tremendous performances against top line guys at 155 for the younger Diaz brother.

I thought he looked awesome last night.  The most accurate striking I've seen in a long time.  Plus his attitude and heelish behaviour was great - really fired the crowd up.

So question is, do you guys think Nate is ready for a shot at the winner of Edgar/Henderson?  I think either guy would make a terrific fight with Diaz.

What's your take?

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

JohnS.

I'd love to see Diaz fight either of them, he's come a long way and is definitely one of, if not the most, elite fighter(s) in the Lightweight division. He picked Cerrone apart with brilliant striking, there was absolutely no answer for it. I personally thought the first round was a 10-8.

Chris Shields

I'm sure it would be a good fight if he gets a title shot, but I really just can not stand him. He's just such a freaking punk, and so full of himself. He's a good fighter, but he's a little bitch outside of the cage. I mean last night in the pre fight video he showed what a punk he is. The comment about Cerrone trying to shake his hand, and him just walking off. It's a simple show of respect and class, and Nate Diaz has none. He is arrogant, mouthy, and really just a complete douche. Good fighter, horrible person.

Marq

I actually think he's a bit different from his brother -- especially considering the end, he called to shake hands with Cerrone and straight-up said in the interview, "All that shit-talk, man -- it's just for TV."

Can he be an asshole? Sure. But I do think he's got a genuine sense of humility Nick doesn't.

"Behind you, Primo! WATCH OUT!"

JohnS.

Bottom line for me is he's a phenomenal fighter, and I learned a long time ago to stop judging people by how they're portrayed on television. Let alone being in a position where it's basically your responsibility as a fighter to be able to draw. At the end of the night, he did his job. I can't hate on him for that.

Flins.

I've liked him since he took on Karo Parisyan on TUF  ;D

It would be interesting seeing him getting a title shot, a match up against Henderson might be a bit more interesting. I just don't see how Edgar could beat him if he's strikings as good as it was last night, and with the difference in reach/height. Would be a tough fight for Edgar.

Think he needs another win or two before he should get a title shot, this is only his second fight back at Lightweight isn't?

I'd like to see a re-match with Guida, would be fun. Or maybe a fight against Barboza if he defeats Etim, I'd imagine that would make for an interesting clash of styles. Pettis would be a fun fight to watch too, but I've got a feeling he's going to get mauled by Lauzon!

Cory

I've liked him since the TUF and he was out of CG JuJistu.

I think tho he does need one more fight, against a Grey Maynard or Clay Guida to earn a shot.

That being said, he was fucking brilliant last night. Richard Perez is the best boxing coach in all of MMA

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE