Goran Reljic Risks Life to Save Two Men

Started by Cory, November 22, 2008, 02:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Goran Reljic Headline UFC
Original story translated for FightTicker.com by Robert at Free Fight Videos:

A crash that almost killed two young men on the 15th of October at round 3 am could have had disastrous consequences when the two young men, both from Privlaka, spun and crashed into the sea.

Thankfully both men survived, due to the brave actions of Goran Reljic, the Croatian ultimate fighter, who resides in the immediate vicinity of the town in question.

When he heard the crash, Goran jumped out of bed, still in his underwear and jumped into the sea.

He swam to the car, proceeded to brake the windshield of the vehicle and pull both men to land. Several eyewitness accounts confirm the story and so does Goran himself who doesn't want any praise or recognition for the good deed.

"The only satisfaction I get is that both young men are alive and healthy. I don't need any praise. I simply did what anyone one would have done in that situation," said Reljic.

Reljic was scheduled to fight on the 25th of October. However a back injury forced him out of his fight with Brazilian Thales Leites. Even with his back injury Reljic did not hesitate to help and rescue the two young men from the sinking car.

Some new developments with the story: (Nov 21 2008)

Today we have more details, as told to UFC.com by Reljic's manager, Zoran Saric:

"Even suffering a severe lower back injury, and without any training and exercise in the past month and a half he risked everything, jumping under cold water and helping save lives," Saric told UFC.com Thursday night. "When I spoke with him earlier today, he said "I wasn't even thinking about my injury or about myself, I just dove into the water and started punching the window; there was only one thing on my mind, to save them."

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

MitchMMA

Goran is a good guy, not too many people would do what he did.

I wish more people in this world would be willing to do what Goran did. We need more people like Goran in this world.