News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

MMA Draft Discussion Thread

Started by Midas, January 29, 2010, 05:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malic

Anyways Speed btw the reason I didn't take BJ Penn was he hasn't had a great fight in some time. He's just that damn good and no one is going to give him a great fight. Even the Sanchez fight turned out to be nothing more than a blood bath BJ put him through. And I love the Nightmare.

Cory

IMO Penn should have been an obviously #1, and Aoki #2....Sanchez might make top 5.....but hes moved up to Welterweight now....but as I hadn't updated the p4p.......he'll be counted as LW for the games sake.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Jennifer

Quote from: Malic on February 10, 2010, 10:27:57 PM
Anyways Speed btw the reason I didn't take BJ Penn was he hasn't had a great fight in some time. He's just that damn good and no one is going to give him a great fight. Even the Sanchez fight turned out to be nothing more than a blood bath BJ put him through. And I love the Nightmare.

Well it kind of made the choice easy, cuz I was deliberating between BJ and Sanchez in kind've the same way I was deliberating Fedor and Mir, but I have a hefty UFC bias because most of what I know about MMA is watching the odd UFC/The Ultimate Fighter/Undisputed.

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Malic

BTW I thought this was a Strikeforce round not the UFC round. Are we going to just switch them around?

I'm hoping Sanchez is going to go fight a few fights at the weight class up so he gets the fire light back under him and then drops back down by the end of the year to come back and fight Penn again giving us a great show like Meir is hoping to do with Lesner

Cory

I moved a few rounds around the other day, as I never really edited them. Also, the female fighters and the retired fighters round have been switched, to help give the game a better flow. Not enough depth on Strikeforce to pick from them too early to the other rounds, and no need to pick 2 female fighters in a row, mix it up a bit.

Cory

Female round is going to be tough for those who don't follow the sport on a day to day basis. Remmeber to check my rankings if you're stuck.

MMAfanatic

Sorry I wasn't around the last few days. I've had personal matters to attend to.

Jennifer

Quote from: Cory on February 13, 2010, 05:25:57 PM
Female round is going to be tough for those who don't follow the sport on a day to day basis. Remmeber to check my rankings if you're stuck.

Got that right...

My pick was 'Look at p4p, choose highest ranked undrafted fighter'

Quote from: Mike Flips"Certainly officer...but first, we have two men here trespassing. Also I was assaulted moments ago by a man who might have had a sister I might have had sex with. Can we please arrest said man for Disturbing The Peace-opoly or something..."

Malic

Speedy I want to kill you I was going to take Pat Miletich damn you!!!!!!! :)

Jennifer

lol... it took me so long to come up with a fighter to draft.

Cory

Well I now have 3 LHW......but I couldnt let Bas Rutten go.

So Im looking at trades after.

Rampage Jackson or King Mo Lawal will be up for grabs.

Duckman

Ok lads, I'm off to Amsterdam for a week tomorrow so I won't be around to make draft picks.

If someone wants to take my place and can make picks on my behalf I'm cool with that if Cory is.

If not, I'll sorted my roster out in the trades when I get back next Thursday.

Thanks guys, will be thinking of you while I'm up to my neck in high quality weed and hookers!!!!  Woooooooooooo!!!!!

Peace

Duckman
Check out the MFX Podcast today!  http://www.marksforxcellence.com/?cat=1

Subscribe to MFX via Stitcher or Itunes.  Just search: Marks for Xcellence Podcast.

Cory

Sam, perhaps check the remanding rounds and PM your picks (1-2) and Ill fill them in accordingly if aviable?

Cory

If not, you'll have to get removed like other people, not to be a dick, but same rules for everyone.

Midas

Quote from: Cory on February 17, 2010, 03:19:16 PM
Well I now have 3 LHW......but I couldnt let Bas Rutten go.

So Im looking at trades after.

Rampage Jackson or King Mo Lawal will be up for grabs.

Hang on to Rampage as he is someone I would be intrested in at the end of the draft... Right now witht eh picks going the way they are going I still do not have a clear cut vision of how my card will work out..