News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

Started by ., August 18, 2013, 09:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

Well, looking at drafts since I've watched BOTH College and NFL, to kinda feel like I can judge what players I want and didnt want, we'd start from 08, from the Eagles perspective.

2008- We didn't have a 1st round pick, but we had two very early 2nd rounders. I WANTED DeSean Jackson from Cal, and when we didn't go after him with our 1st second rounder I was very unhappy, but we grabbed him with the 2nd second rounder. We got Trevor Laws with our first pick in the draft, and after hearing about his college wrestling background, I was kinda excited to pick him, and in retrospect he was shit, but no one this year that I wanted and glad we didnt draft.

2009- Jeremy Maclin was our choice, and I was pissed. We had traded up after Oakland fucked up and took Darius Heyward-Bey super early, but I did want Clay Matthews, or Hakeem Nicks the entire time, as Maclin never really impressed me, still hasnt honestly. But Im glad we didn't get Beanie Wells, and got LeSean McCoy insted. I was super high on Beanie Wells from Ohio State, great size and speed, but he never panned out and McCoy is now an elite back.

2010 - This was my first major draft. Previous years I was pretty familar with college/draft prospect, but I was a die-hard this year and I wanted Jason Pierre Paul the entire time, and when we drafted Brandon Graham, who up until LATE last season was a bust, I was still upset we didn't go JPP, but looking back JPP has been very injury prone and kinda on the verge of a one hit wonder after one really one strong season in New York. Also being a Gator fan I would have loved to add arguably the best Center in the league Maurkice Pouncey, but meh. Jury is still out on BOTH Graham and JPP.

2011- Well Canadian Danny Watkins wasn't who I wanted, and have been a complete bust, but the guy I wanted hasnt done much better. I wanted Philly to get Cabe Carimi, a o-lineman from Wisconsin, who just recently got tossed from the Bears. So even tho both picks have so far been garbage, still time for both dudes to redeem theirselves.

2012 - Best first round Philly had in recent memory, I wanted Fletcher Cox, we traded up to get him. He's been a fantastic player.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

The TeeJ of Philly

Quote from: Cory on August 18, 2013, 11:20:17 PM
Well, looking at drafts since I've watched BOTH College and NFL, to kinda feel like I can judge what players I want and didnt want, we'd start from 08, from the Eagles perspective.

2008- We didn't have a 1st round pick, but we had two very early 2nd rounders. I WANTED DeSean Jackson from Cal, and when we didn't go after him with our 1st second rounder I was very unhappy, but we grabbed him with the 2nd second rounder. We got Trevor Laws with our first pick in the draft, and after hearing about his college wrestling background, I was kinda excited to pick him, and in retrospect he was shit, but no one this year that I wanted and glad we didnt draft.

2009- Jeremy Maclin was our choice, and I was pissed. We had traded up after Oakland fucked up and took Darius Heyward-Bey super early, but I did want Clay Matthews, or Hakeem Nicks the entire time, as Maclin never really impressed me, still hasnt honestly. But Im glad we didn't get Beanie Wells, and got LeSean McCoy insted. I was super high on Beanie Wells from Ohio State, great size and speed, but he never panned out and McCoy is now an elite back.

2010 - This was my first major draft. Previous years I was pretty familar with college/draft prospect, but I was a die-hard this year and I wanted Jason Pierre Paul the entire time, and when we drafted Brandon Graham, who up until LATE last season was a bust, I was still upset we didn't go JPP, but looking back JPP has been very injury prone and kinda on the verge of a one hit wonder after one really one strong season in New York. Also being a Gator fan I would have loved to add arguably the best Center in the league Maurkice Pouncey, but meh. Jury is still out on BOTH Graham and JPP.

2011- Well Canadian Danny Watkins wasn't who I wanted, and have been a complete bust, but the guy I wanted hasnt done much better. I wanted Philly to get Cabe Carimi, a o-lineman from Wisconsin, who just recently got tossed from the Bears. So even tho both picks have so far been garbage, still time for both dudes to redeem theirselves.

2012 - Best first round Philly had in recent memory, I wanted Fletcher Cox, we traded up to get him. He's been a fantastic player.

All this. I wanted Jimmy Smith that Baltimore ended up getting in 2011