*Official NFL Season Predictions*

Started by The Dudester, August 06, 2010, 12:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dudester

I went through the ENTIRE season schedule, team by team, and I'm making my predictions on the season.

NFC West
Arizona 9-7
Seattle 9-7
San Fran 9-7
St. Louis 2-14

NFC East
Dallas 10-6
NYG 9-7
Wash 7-9
Philly 7-9

NFC Central
Packers 11-5
Vikings 11-5
Chicago 5-11
Detroit 3-13

AFC West
San Diego 10-6
Denver 7-9
Kansas City 4-12
Oakland 1-15

AFC Central
Indianapolis 14-2
Tennessee 10-6
Jacksonville 10-6
Houston 6-10

AFC East
NYJ 13-3
Patriots 12-4
Miami 9-7
Buffalo 4-12

AFC South
Bengals 11-5
Baltimore 10-6
Ptts 10-6
Cleveland 2-14

NFC South
New Orleans 14-2
Atlanta 9-7
Tampa bay 3-13
Carolina 3-13

Playoffs
AFC Wild Card:
Bengals v Patriots
Baltimore v San Diego

Indy v Bengals
Jets v Baltimore

Jets v Bengals

NFC Wildcard
Vikings v NYG
Dallas v Arizona

New Orleans v Dallas
Packers v Vikings

Dallas v Packers

Superbowl....

Jets defeat Cowboys.

Kirk

I hope you're wrong. I can't put into words how much I hate the Jets.
" class="bbc_img

" class="bbc_img

Fnord

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

Hondo

Quote from: Maddox Nosnam on August 06, 2010, 12:31:55 AM

AFC South
Bengals 11-5
Baltimore 10-6
Ptts 10-6
Cleveland 2-14

You meant the AFC North I'm sure.

Anyhoo, I don't see three teams winning 10+ games in this division. Personally I think Pittsburgh's on the decline, what with their QB being unliked by the locker room as well as in Goodell's doghouse. On top of that, it seemed they regressed a lot last season and they didn't do much to get  better.

I'd say:

Bengals - 12-4
Baltimore - 10-6
Pittsburgh - 8-8
Cleveland 3-13

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Maddox...

You do realize Brett Favre's retirement just handed the Bears the NFC Central wild card at least...
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Fnord

Last I heard he said he'll play when he's healed.

Quote[Today at 12:56:15 PM] Duckman: Fnording=the act of not realising something very obvious 
Quote from: AlexK on July 25, 2010, 12:23:31 AMI love you, Fnord.

The Dudester

Quote from: Trumpers on August 06, 2010, 02:53:03 PM
Maddox...

You do realize Brett Favre's retirement just handed the Bears the NFC Central wild card at least...

Absolutely not. Even without Favre, the Vikings are still better than the Bears. Heck, they were the year BEFORE Favre when they were 10-6 and made the playoffs.

The Bears have NO Offensive line and a weak ass WR corp. Forte was good his rookie year, then blew last year and Cutler will NOT work well in Martz's system, especially with no WR's that can play that system.

Bryan Payne

Words cannot express how much I disagree with that statement.  I think Chicago is going to be in the wildcard hunt even before Farve did his (entirely expected will he or won't he bit).  Now?  If he's out I don't see the vikings going better than 8 wins tops.  Their division is too tough and the whole NFC is getting too competitive.  

But then you knew that already from my picks from earlier.  With Farve the Vikes are a solid 10 win team this year... without him?  They'll struggle to make it back to the play offs..  without him I'd say they could go 0-4 against Chicago and GB (but to allow for Murphy they'll win one so 1-3 just on an AP break out run late,)  and possibly just possibly 1-1 with Detroit.  

Arizona taking the division?  Ehh... not feeling it.. Leinhart is an average QB at best and they've lost a lights out WR which means Fitzgerald is going to be facing tougher coverage than he's ever had to deal with before.   And I really don't see Seattle with a winning record either.

Bengals should finish the year with 9-10 wins...  Pitt more like 6-8... Baltimore will take that division with at least 12 wins... they're going to run roughshod over almost everyone this year, and it'll be a three way dog fight in the AFC down the stretch between them, the Jets, and Indi for Homefield advantage.  Indi should win it.. hell they almost always do, but that second seed will be important and I think Baltimore will snag it when it's all said and done.. leaving the Jets to slog it up though the wildcard hunt again which will probably be why they'll get bumped out.

I know it's trendy to make the NFC East tight.  But, I think you might be overdoing it a bit this year.  It's been a while since Dallas and the Giants were that far ahead of the Eagles, and the redskins... don't get me started, from Haynsworth to Portis, to Mcnabb, it's becoming the place where great careers go to die (after they've cashed in on a MASSIVE signing bonus.)

Seeding in the NFC play off picture should look something like this...

Packers
Saints
Dallas (I expect another Nov-December slump... that thanksgiving day game is friggen murder on these guys at the end of the year)
9ers (or Vikings if Brett returns)- they'll dominate their division this year... dominate.
Giants
Bears
Falcons or Arizona/ (Vikings if Brett isn't back)

Knew there was something wrong there when i was looking at it... the NFC south was way at the bottom.  Wow.. anyway, fixed and updated.

The Dudester

Disagree about the Bears.

Martz system is based on trust and timing between the QB and WR. (Old St. Louis style). We've seen Cutler is erratic at QB, and his WR copr is weak as all get out. In Martz system, Cutler won't be throwing TO a WR as much as he'll be throwing to WHERE a WR SHOULD be.

These guys are NOT top route runners, and they're not good route runner. The O-Line sucks in Chi-town and the Bears have ALOT to do to even think playoffs.

The Def will be better, but that offense is God awful. They won't make .500 on the season and will be 3rd in their own division.