News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NFL Offseason Thread

Started by Cory, March 05, 2012, 11:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cory

So far, players franchised tagged:

49ers S Dashon Goldson
Bears RB Matt Forte
Bengals K Mike Nugent
Browns K Phil Dawson
Cardinals DL Calais Campbell
Eagles WR DeSean Jackson
Falcons CB Brent Grimes
Raiders S Tyvon Branch
Ravens RB Ray Rice
Redskins TE Fred Davis
Saints QB Drew Brees

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

Who do you guys want your team to pick up this offseason?

Im glad Eagles signed DeSean....now with Bart Scott hitting the open market if he comes at the right price hes the playmaker and vet that the Eagles need at LB

Justin

That is what's wrong with the Browns...they franchised a kicker!!

Hondo

Quote from: JustinP on March 05, 2012, 12:46:06 PM
That is what's wrong with the Browns...they franchised a kicker!!

I said the exact same thing when the Bengals franchised their kicker. But then I got to thinking.

The Bengals' two best free agents arguably are WR Jerome Simpson and S Reggie Nelson. The former just got busted for over six pounds of weed and plead guilty to all charges. The other is pretty darn good, but a safety. I couldn't very well justify franchising either of those two guys. Even IF they decided to bring back Simpson, his marketablity just took a hit with his conviction (besides, he had a bad case of butter fingers and never was going to rake in big time money). They could probably sign him on the cheap. And there are only two or three safeties in history that I'd ever pay top dollar for, so I'm not using it on Nelson.

So why not use it on the kicker? Kicker's contracts aren't that hefty in relation to everyone else, plus they keep a solid part of their special teams.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

Cory

Hondo hit it on the head.....Simpson will be cheap to get back and probably wont get touched by many teams in free agency so they have a good shot at re-signing....and Nelson is an average safety at best....at least Nugent is a top 10 kicker in the league.

As far as the Browns.....Hillis made the only sense to tag and they want him gone, so Dawson is their best offensive weapon after Hillis leaves lol

Justin

Simpson faces only a 60 day jail term so it will be interesting.  He has problems catching the ball and can't run a route to save his life so he has his limits, but the guy is ultra-athletic and will land somewhere if the Bengals don't resign him, which they should because they don't have another receiver outside of AJ.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

If the Bears dont get a deal with Forte sorted by July I am going to FUCKING RIOT.

That is all.
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'

Justin

I honestly don't understand why they don't pay their best player!! The guy is an absolute beast who can run and catch the football and he flat out produces.  Give him his money.

Doug E Fresh

Quote from: Cory on March 05, 2012, 04:07:28 PM
Hondo hit it on the head.....Simpson will be cheap to get back and probably wont get touched by many teams in free agency so they have a good shot at re-signing....and Nelson is an average safety at best....at least Nugent is a top 10 kicker in the league.

As far as the Browns.....Hillis made the only sense to tag and they want him gone, so Dawson is their best offensive weapon after Hillis leaves lol

We could of used the tag on a defensive player like maybe D'qwell or something.

Justin

They signed him to a multi-year contract last week.

Doug E Fresh

How did I miss that? Snap.

I did hear about Arian Foster getting a contract today.

James Porter

I noticed Wes Welker of the Patriots was tagged earlier today as well.

Im not a big fan of Randy Moss but I hope he comes back and hopefully joins the 49ers. I heard about a month ago he was considering returning to the NFL and think that would be a pretty good fit.

Cory

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on March 05, 2012, 08:45:26 PM
How did I miss that? Snap.

I did hear about Arian Foster getting a contract today.

He got paid....if history repeats itself he'll be quiet as hell next year.

Cory

On another note.....players who werent franchised tagged: (essentially Free Agents)

Mario Williams
Vincent Jackson
Matt Flynn
Peyton Hillis
Cortland Finnegan
Alex Smith
Carl Nicks
Marques Colston

Yikes....whatever teams lands Williams/Jackson/Colston is going to have some very happy fans. I'd like the Eagles to test the market for Finnegan....but he'll probably end up being waaaay to pricy.

Ian "Wolfie" Trumps

Could the 49ers shock the world...dump Smith and then go in for RGIII

That would be awesome!
'Check out MFX - www.mfxpodcast.com'