News:

Check out our Site Partners!

80s Mania WrestlingDaShawns2cents on FacebookThe Efed PodcastESPN Sports SimsEWCThe Indy CornerMFX PodcastOld School WrestlingSLTD WrestlingWhat A Maneuver!Wrestleview.comWrestling Mayhem Show

Main Menu

NFL Debate: Who would you have as your QB

Started by Cory, October 12, 2012, 06:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on October 15, 2012, 02:53:18 PM
I'm not quite sure what NFL Season you are watching James, but it sure as hell isn't the same as everybody else.  RGIII has proven to be better than Luck.

It's not even halfway through the season and you're already crowning him as the top QB when he's still unproven. He can run and pass but teams will start finding weaknesses to exploit and all those stats will go way down. RGIII got knocked out of a game already this season so he still needs to work on avoiding the big hits. He is still a rookie. Like I said, in time, he will pull a sCam at somepoint and have a sophomore slump.
Quote from: Trumpers on July 25, 2012, 01:46:54 PM
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Quote from: Mike Powers on May 22, 2012, 06:44:25 PM
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

J-Reb

Seeing how Peyton handles this season will teach us a lot about what Eli has left in the tank. They have similar builds and at the end of the day, the only thing that will separate them is Eli's extra ring.

I'd be shocked if Brees continued for another 6 years at this pace. I give him three more above average seasons and then we'll start to see him drop off.
ese
Rodgers sat on the bench for two seasons and preserved a little life in those legs. He's a "young" 28 and could conceivably play another 10 seasons.

My bias will show but honestly, in 10 years, we'll be talking about how RG3 and Andrew Luck transformed the QB position in the NFL. The NFL will continue to adapt new rules that will protect QB's and favor the offense which will help preserve both of these guys.

However you want to shake it, the NFL is in good hands.

Cory

Quote from: Doug E Fresh on October 15, 2012, 03:10:20 PM
No love in this thread for Brandon Weeden? LOL

Hes actually developing pretty well....tho I think Tannehill is a bit better so far this season.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY GAMING CHANNEL ON YOUTUBE

Cory

PS- RG3's run in the Vikings game was beautiful.

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on October 15, 2012, 07:08:35 PM
It's not even halfway through the season and you're already crowning him as the top QB when he's still unproven. He can run and pass but teams will start finding weaknesses to exploit and all those stats will go way down. RGIII got knocked out of a game already this season so he still needs to work on avoiding the big hits. He is still a rookie. Like I said, in time, he will pull a sCam at somepoint and have a sophomore slump.

I didn't say he was the Top QB, I said he was better than Luck.

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on October 16, 2012, 12:11:04 PM
I didn't say he was the Top QB, I said he was better than Luck.

He is better than Luck. However, that said, I still think Russell Wilson will be the one that makes the biggest impact. Look at who he and the Seahawks have beaten already. He's Tony Romo, Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers, and Tom Brady for his first four NFL wins as a starter. Those are top level guys he's playing against and holding his own.
James, everytime you post in the OOC your perception of "yourself" is just as apparently off key 'in game' as GM Franchise as it is 'out of game' as yourself lol.
Now I know how Franchise feels every game.  Speak your mind and you get singled out for it.
Quote[Nov 30 21:22:23] Trumpers:you have literally assembled one of the worst teams possible

Justin

Quote from: GM Franchise on October 16, 2012, 07:07:49 PM
He is better than Luck. However, that said, I still think Russell Wilson will be the one that makes the biggest impact. Look at who he and the Seahawks have beaten already. He's Tony Romo, Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers, and Tom Brady for his first four NFL wins as a starter. Those are top level guys he's playing against and holding his own.

So he's better than Luck but you would still take Luck over him? 

Wilson has played decent though I wouldn't necesarrily say he's the deciding factor on why they have beaten who they have.  Panthers suck, Romo threw 5 picks and the defense dominated that game, Packers got shafted, though they shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with.  The only game I give you is the Pats as he managed the game well and kept his team in with a bunch of great passes.  I think you put Matt Flynn in and they still have the same outcome. 

Jon

Russell Wilson... LOL. He's alright, but he's not the reason the Hawks are winning games. I don't know, it might have something to do with the #2 defense in the NFL. Oh... and the replacement refs. He has 8 TDs and 6 INTs through 6 games. So he's averaging a INT per game. That needs to go down, but he's also a rookie, so that will happen with time. I think he's a smart QB and under a smart coach like Pete Carroll, he can flourish. But he's far from being in the consideration for Rookie of the Year IMO. As for Andrew Luck... he isn't doing all that well. He had ONE game where he looked legit. And that was against the Packers. Other then that, he's looked subpar. The Jets just made him look like a joke.

Top 5 Offensive Rookies for me thus far is:

1. RGIII - Washington
2. Alfred Morris - Washington
3. Trent Richardson - Cleveland
4. Matt Kalil - Minnesota
5. Russell Wilson - Seattle

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

GM Franchise

Quote from: JustinP on October 16, 2012, 07:26:46 PM
So he's better than Luck but you would still take Luck over him? 

Wilson has played decent though I wouldn't necesarrily say he's the deciding factor on why they have beaten who they have.  Panthers suck, Romo threw 5 picks and the defense dominated that game, Packers got shafted, though they shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with.  The only game I give you is the Pats as he managed the game well and kept his team in with a bunch of great passes.  I think you put Matt Flynn in and they still have the same outcome.

Wilson is clutch. He has the clutch gene and has shown it more than RGIII and Luck. Stats aren't the only thing that matters. It's winning games and that's what matters no matter how you look at it.

Jon

Quote from: GM Franchise on October 17, 2012, 01:29:01 AM
Wilson is clutch. He has the clutch gene and has shown it more than RGIII and Luck. Stats aren't the only thing that matters. It's winning games and that's what matters no matter how you look at it.

One come from behind victory doesn't make you clutch, if that's the case, you could say Andrew Luck has been clutch this season.

GM of the Queen City Conquerors

Hondo

I like Russell Wilson and all, but picking him over all those great QBs is like saying you'd take Vinny Testaverde over John Elway.

"Just do the best you can with whatever gift God has given you, whatever intellect you have. Use it. Be good while you're doing it. Love your neighbor. Love the One that created you. Enjoy the cosmos. And rock on." - Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty

T-Bonizzle

Wilson didn't beat anyone, his defense beat those QBs you mentioned.

Justin

Quote from: Thaddeus-B on October 17, 2012, 08:56:57 AM

My exact same argument for Tebow last year.

GM Franchise

Quote from: JackHondo on October 17, 2012, 07:45:08 AM
I like Russell Wilson and all, but picking him over all those great QBs is like saying you'd take Vinny Testaverde over John Elway.

I didn't pick Wilson. I picked Brady out of everybody on here. I picked Wilson over RGIII and Luck.

Quote from: Thaddeus-B on October 17, 2012, 08:56:57 AM

Can't the same be said for a lot of quarterbacks in the league?

Quote from: DnK on October 17, 2012, 07:26:50 AM
One come from behind victory doesn't make you clutch, if that's the case, you could say Andrew Luck has been clutch this season.

Pfft. Did you see the Jets game? I rest my case.

Cory

I actually have Alfred Morris as Rookie of the Year TBH.......